Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Mob H

All Star
Daps
Finn and/or Priest aren't getting a title until after Cody moves on from his feud with them. They don't want anyone to get any idea that Cody is going for the WHC and not running it back with Roman.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Finn and/or Priest aren't getting a title until after Cody moves on from his feud with them. They don't want anyone to get any idea that Cody is going for the WHC and not running it back with Roman.

I never got why Cody is on Raw

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I mean they could have a match at Payback where Cody wins and then Priest still cashes in— WWE does that type of shyt anyways

Don’t know how you continue the feud after Payback if there’s no title involved and since Cody beats them on regular tv weekly

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They shoulda at least let Finn win the SS match and let him cook for a month or 2.

Hunter thinks hot potatoing the title devalues it and in a sense he's right but when every title reign is long as hell you start to go :patrice:

This isn't the 80s. They have 5 hours (+ 2 of NXT) to fill every week and a PPV a month.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Hunter thinks hot potatoing the title devalues it and in a sense he's right but when every title reign is long as hell you start to go :patrice:

This isn't the 80s. They have 5 hours (+ 2 of NXT) to fill every week and a PPV a month.

You gotta have at least 1 title that switches hands enough that it keeps people on the edge of their seat during Raw and Smackdown

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You gotta have at least 1 title that switches hands enough that it keeps people on the edge of their seat during Raw and Smackdown

If the story fits, I don't even mind if they do it with the World title. The Rock and Mankind feud had several title changes and that was fine, it just shows that the two guys are equals or that one guy is better at one specific type of match than another... etc.

It's wrestling, a story can be told about anything.

I will say this about the Seth Rollins reign. It's a brand new title so you kind of have to have a memorable reign to legitimize it.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

He’s the biggest star in the company by every metric, outside of Roman

Because of that, it’s very doubtful they’ll ever be on the same brand unless someone gets the rights to both shows.

If WWE tried to send Cody to Fox, USA would probably have a fit

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Who says the title is gonna change hands rapidly? coulda let Finn win at SS and drop it in Nov or the Rumble. Let Seth have some time off because didn’t he say in an interview before SS he was worn out?

With the Seth/Finn history, a title change woulda pushed the rivalry. Only way Finn can look good is they do a trifecta match and actually wins.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
it'd be the only way to keep him hot, top-ish of the card, but not have to run him into Roman again without making it obvious they're being kept apart for contrived story purposes.
I guess the idea is for the fans to know on a meta level he'll run it back with Roman so it justifies him not going after Rollins' title; but the only time they'd run into each other would be at PLEs.

The logic just seems kinda dumb. Why isn't Cody after the WHC, if it's not actually just a glorified secondary championship? Sure he wants to 'finish the story' with Roman, but nothing stops him from doing that with a belt already. Roman is literal proof of that when he took the WWE title off E. But he's just choosing not to, while making no obvious attempts to go after Roman either.

Guess it's a testament to how much people like Cody right now; that more people aren't upset that his character is in a glorified holding pattern until they start the build to Mania.