Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right on the money with that, back when wrestling was most popular nobody gave a fukk about "5 star matches" or tuned in to Raw because of the "bangers" they were putting on, they tuned in because the main characters were entertaining as fukk and did unpredictable shyt

71zeEXxb0sL.jpg

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Y’all keep complaining about long matches, but would you rather have that or endless recap videos? :usure:

how about neither and you let talent cut more promos and get them to show their personalities, the top stars during the biggest period in WWF could all entertain you on the mic (minus Kane but he had Paul Bearer for that)

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
how about neither and you let talent cut more promos and get them to show their personalities, the top stars during the biggest period in WWF could all entertain you on the mic (minus Kane but he had Paul Bearer for that)

You forget about scripted promos? These wrasslers aren’t pro actors; they’re more stuntmen than actors. You can’t expect most of them to show personality and charisma from reading a script. This ain’t the Attitude Era where they had bullet points and able to freestyle.

No one wants to see a dozen promos per show. :huhldup:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I really don't think the "too much/too little wrestling" argument matters. You are never getting casual fans back to wrestling. They are gone. If people want to see entertaining characters, dramatic storylines, great comedy, etc. then there's a million better shows out there or theres ppl on IG/Tik Tok doing 12 second videos that are funnier than anything a room full of writers sitting around a table could come up with.

Now, all that stuff is important in wrestling, you want larger than life characters, compelling stories, etc. But ultimately in 2022 anyone who is committing or considering committing 5-7 hours a week to watching wrestling is doing so because they genuinely enjoy wrestling, whether they want to admit it or not.

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
You're right on the money with that, back when wrestling was most popular nobody gave a fukk about "5 star matches" or tuned in to Raw because of the "bangers" they were putting on, they tuned in because the main characters were entertaining as fukk and did unpredictable shyt

We gotta stop saying this though. Yeah nobody gave a fukk about 5 star matches back in the day but this isn’t 1999 anymore.

The characters and storylines are what draw us in but we also want great matches now lol.

——

We literally had rematches at Summerslam that have been rematches every other month for the past two to three years.

I get people want massive instant change. Building characters and story lines (that actually make sense) doesn’t happen in one week, and it for sure won’t erase everything that’s happened recently.

If Summerslam and Raw examples of what’s to come then be patient guys

br82186

Superstar
Daps
I see people on Twitter mad cause people are happy that WWE is somewhat competent now and I’m like breh, I didn’t want WWE to die, I just wanted them to be good :heh: Plus, AEW is gonna heat up again with all the injured guys coming back, not much more you can ask for.
Me too, I have no damn clue why these folks want AEW to die, it's like some of these people forgot what happened from 2001 to 2019 once WCW folded and minus a few years we got a stagnate product.

USA is happy with what's been going on and the plans so are Turner

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
People in here saying the matches were secondary but if Rock vs Austin was like Hogan vs Flair/Piper in WCW it wouldn't have worked. I'll never understand why wouldn't you want it all? Great promos, angles, and matches. The matches are the end game. They need to deliver to complete the stories. That's the payoff. The comeuppance. #purogang knows this.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I really don't think the "too much/too little wrestling" argument matters. You are never getting casual fans back to wrestling. They are gone. If people want to see entertaining characters, dramatic storylines, great comedy, etc. then there's a million better shows out there or theres ppl on IG/Tik Tok doing 12 second videos that are funnier than anything a room full of writers sitting around a table could come up with.

Now, all that stuff is important in wrestling, like you want larger than life characters, compelling stories, etc. But ultimately in 2022 anyone who is committing or considering committing 5-7 hours a week to watching wrestling is doing so because they genuinely enjoy wrestling, whether they want to admit it or not.
Too much or too little wrestling does matter. Sure there are probably no "casual" fans based on your definition for what a casual fan is, but plenty of people watch wrestling for different reasons and not having a healthy mix of everything can be a turnoff.

Some people watch for characters/gimmicks
Some people watch for promos
Some people watch for storylines
Some people watch strictly for wrestling
Some people eyes are glued based on some of the comedy segments
Some people eyes are glued based on some of the serious segments
Some people watch for everything
etc

I am one of those people that mainly watch for the characters, promos, and storylines. The wrestling added to it is just the perfect mixture and is why I am a fan. I stopped watching WWE/AEW consistently for the past 2 months because storylines were shytty to me and not really good. I can't watch a wrestling match without the character being part of a good storyline that is going to further progress their development.

Especially nowadays where I feel like I have seen all the characters moves and their not doing anything special in their matches to surprise me. That is when the story element to a match plays a huge factor. That is why some of these wrestlers should slow tf down and stop giving us everything at once. It leaves no room for surprises. :francis: