Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Agreed. Roman will go nearly 60 days between titled defense between WrestleMania and Night of Champions. They want to update the record books with longer title reigns but most of the current champions (or the former champions for the more newly crowned tag champs) are lucky to even be averaging one title defense a month. At least fo the main roster titles. Austin Theory the only current champ that's held the belt for at least 100 days while averaging less than a month between defenses.

It's more impressive to beat someone than just let the belt sit on the sidelines. At least back in the day when you used to have these long reigns everyone would generally be much more of a fighting champion.

Before anyone goes "yeah well what about MJF???" Same reason why I don't like MJF as champ in AEW. Man defends the belt far less frequently than even Roman does.

It feels like they’re on a self fulfilling prophecy with Roman. I imagine they’re saying that theyll move on if someone gets more over than Roman but Cody and Sami already did get more over than Roman. They set ratings record segments on shows Roman wasn’t on, and HHH/Vince went “no they didn’t”.
SmarkTears.0.0.jpg

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
WWE wanting people to set records for longest reigns, either all-time or modern era, is all well and good, but to be forcing every title holder at the same time to be in a longest reign story just diminishes the the specialness of it.

Like in the NFL when throwing for over 4,000 used to be an all-time great season. But for like at least a decade now that has been like the bare minimum for a QB to even get in the for All Pro, Pro Bowl, or MVP unless someone could offset it with a bunch of rush yards and TDs like Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and Jalen Hurts can.

Championship belts are props that suppose to move around. If Roman is forever champ, I think every other belt needs to move around more as a contrast. Especially in NXT

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Championship belts are props that suppose to move around. If Roman is forever champ, I think every other belt needs to move around more as a contrast. Especially in NXT
I'm not a fan of just changing champs randomly or to pop a rating. But I do think there is add value to showcasing lengthy reigns even if multiple ones are happening.

Right now Roman, Bianca(despite the belt swap coming), and Gunther definitely are needed lengthy runs for different reasons.

Roman - is the closest they're likely ever going to get in a post Bruno, OG Hogan type era to setting a crazy but possibly reachable bar.

Bianca - getting run as this record setting black champion run it up.

Gunther - he needs to break the Honky tonk mans record. It's quite odd that it's still stand especially how easily he got beat by Warrior. Gunther needs to hold the IC belt until the end of 2023 at least.

The new belt its first champ needs to run until at least Mania. That is where you beat them likely Gunther. Cause he's coming off the IC reign, and he's won say the rumble ec or whatever. So now he has the belt and people expect a long reign but say he gets up ended quickly it elevates the new belt again cause someone toppled Gunther.

I like your point about Nxt being a spot to cycle reigns and test people out as champions

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm not a fan of just changing champs randomly or to pop a rating. But I do think there is add value to showcasing lengthy reigns even if multiple ones are happening.

Right now Roman, Bianca(despite the belt swap coming), and Gunther definitely are needed lengthy runs for different reasons.

Roman - is the closest they're likely ever going to get in a post Bruno, OG Hogan type era to setting a crazy but possibly reachable bar.

Bianca - getting run as this record setting black champion run it up.

Gunther - he needs to break the Honky tonk mans record. It's quite odd that it's still stand especially how easily he got beat by Warrior. Gunther needs to hold the IC belt until the end of 2023 at least.

The new belt its first champ needs to run until at least Mania. That is where you beat them likely Gunther. Cause he's coming off the IC reign, and he's won say the rumble ec or whatever. So now he has the belt and people expect a long reign but say he gets up ended quickly it elevates the new belt again cause someone toppled Gunther.

I like your point about Nxt being a spot to cycle reigns and test people out as champions

Austin Theory been champ 6 months and that’s gonna be the longest run for a decade for the US title. I understand Bianca reign since she and Rhea has to replace Charlotte Becky and Sasha as full timers so they had to get aggressive. I don’t expect Rhea to lose that belt until 2024, and she hasn’t lost a match since last May. I don’t understand Theory and Gunther having long heel runs at the same time as Roman’s heel run. They’ve never gotten to shine or headline any shows, and they never got any hot faces, since all the good stories went to Roman. Heels shouldn’t be successful for that long if you want fans to keep hating them anyway. Why not have more successful faces to throw at Roman. I think Gunther’s march to HTM record can be used as a catalyst to something better, like Seth can cost him the belt right before breaking the record, and then Gunther beats Seth for the world title. With Theory, it’s not doing anything for him or the company having the belt this long, and with anyone I named, I don’t see him losing it until Summerslam at minimum.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Austin Theory been champ 6 months and that’s gonna be the longest run for a decade for the US title. I understand Bianca reign since she and Rhea has to replace Charlotte Becky and Sasha as full timers so they had to get aggressive. I don’t expect Rhea to lose that belt until 2024, and she hasn’t lost a match since last May. I don’t understand Theory and Gunther having long heel runs at the same time as Roman’s heel run. They’ve never gotten to shine or headline any shows, and they never got any hot faces, since all the good stories went to Roman. Heels shouldn’t be successful for that long if you want fans to keep hating them anyway. Why not have more successful faces to throw at Roman. I think Gunther’s march to HTM record can be used as a catalyst to something better, like Seth can cost him the belt right before breaking the record, and then Gunther beats Seth for the world title. With Theory, it’s not doing anything for him or the company having the belt this long, and with anyone I named, I don’t see him losing it until Summerslam at minimum.
I didn't realize Theory has been US champ this long. Night of Champions or the next one after is a perfect time to drop the belt.

For whatever reason long term face champs don't work in this era. Really haven't worked post Austin in my opinion. Long term heel champs with face challenges always works.

A lot of Seth's face turn was being the challenger to Roman with a singable theme.

I feel OC is one of the few mainstream babyface champs that isn't catching boos. Wes Lee is probably the next closest to him

Even Bianca catches them. Backlash aside Becky had to work hard to really turn people against her to cheer Bianca. Alot of cism in the audience but some babyface backlash for sure

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
This dweeb cattle over here bytching about a prop, it's marks like him you can't take serious and that's why khan and laveck stink. The same boring bums are magicically supposed to become entertaining because you gave them a fake belt. :mjlol:

No Roman and Cody's story is fukked up cause that bum laveck listened to marks about the belts not being defended.

Also low key aew marks only talking about mjf not wrestling cause someone made that pic comparing the two. In reality no one cares about mjf anyways and we woulda never noticed.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This dweeb cattle over here bytching about a prop, it's marks like him you can't take serious and that's why khan and laveck stink. The same boring bums are magicically supposed to become entertaining because you gave them a fake belt. :mjlol:

No Roman and Cody's story is fukked up cause that bum laveck listened to marks about the belts not being defended.

Also low key aew marks only talking about mjf not wrestling cause someone made that pic comparing the two. In reality no one cares about mjf anyways and we woulda never noticed.
Cody's story been fukked up ever since losing at WM

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Cody's story been fukked up ever since losing at WM

Thanks for reminding me about another stupid thing you marks were wrong about, Cody winning, keep bytching and ruining everything with yalls wack opinions and simpleton booking.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Remember when Dean Ambrose held the United States Championship for damn near a year and you could count the amount of title defenses on one hand.
:mjlol: