Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Nobody they want to push :dead:
I fully believe HHH would’ve did it right. Just look at how he did the IC & US titles during the time Vince was gone.

Really only needed either 4 or 8 guys to put in it:

Seth
Brock
Lashley
Theory
Miz
Finn
Cody (Would have Brock hurt him to miss it.)
Omos
Mysterio

Some combo of the above is how I figure HHH would’ve done it if not for all the craziness with the draft.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

Like... Trinity....
shannon-sharpe-pointing-with-hands-i04851swmtn5au9q.gif

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
HHH cares way too much about title reign length. Including nxt there’s been like 5 recent year long title reigns. Enough
Agreed. Roman will go nearly 60 days between titled defense between WrestleMania and Night of Champions. They want to update the record books with longer title reigns but most of the current champions (or the former champions for the more newly crowned tag champs) are lucky to even be averaging one title defense a month. At least fo the main roster titles. Austin Theory the only current champ that's held the belt for at least 100 days while averaging less than a month between defenses.

It's more impressive to beat someone than just let the belt sit on the sidelines. At least back in the day when you used to have these long reigns everyone would generally be much more of a fighting champion.

Before anyone goes "yeah well what about MJF???" Same reason why I don't like MJF as champ in AEW. Man defends the belt far less frequently than even Roman does.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Agreed. Roman will go nearly 60 days between titled defense between WrestleMania and Night of Champions. They want to update the record books with longer title reigns but most of the current champions (or the former champions for the more newly crowned tag champs) are lucky to even be averaging one title defense a month. At least fo the main roster titles. Austin Theory the only current champ that's held the belt for at least 100 days while averaging less than a month between defenses.

It's more impressive to beat someone than just let the belt sit on the sidelines. At least back in the day when you used to have these long reigns everyone would generally be much more of a fighting champion.

Before anyone goes "yeah well what about MJF???" Same reason why I don't like MJF as champ in AEW. Man defends the belt far less frequently than even Roman does.

It feels like they’re on a self fulfilling prophecy with Roman. I imagine they’re saying that theyll move on if someone gets more over than Roman but Cody and Sami already did get more over than Roman. They set ratings record segments on shows Roman wasn’t on, and HHH/Vince went “no they didn’t”.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It feels like they’re on a self fulfilling prophecy with Roman. I imagine they’re saying that theyll move on if someone gets more over than Roman but Cody and Sami already did get more over than Roman. They set ratings record segments on shows Roman wasn’t on, and HHH/Vince went “no they didn’t”.
WWE wanting people to set records for longest reigns, either all-time or modern era, is all well and good, but to be forcing every title holder at the same time to be in a longest reign story just diminishes the the specialness of it.

Like in the NFL when throwing for over 4,000 used to be an all-time great season. But for like at least a decade now that has been like the bare minimum for a QB to even get in the for All Pro, Pro Bowl, or MVP unless someone could offset it with a bunch of rush yards and TDs like Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and Jalen Hurts can.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
There's a happy medium between how WWE usually is - which is title changes happening all the time randomly for no reason versus right now where everyone seems to be nearing a record title reign.

I like the idea of one or two ppl having long/record breaking reigns but yea, when everyone is doing it, it loses the meaning to me.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
There's a happy medium between how WWE usually is - which is title changes happening all the time randomly for no reason versus right now where everyone seems to be nearing a record title reign.

I like the idea of one or two ppl having long/record breaking reigns but yea, when everyone is doing it, it loses the meaning to me.
It loses some meaning but that’s still WAAAY better than a title changing too often. TNT title is the perfect example currently.

Random international title has more prestige because OC defends it often and has had it for 200+ something days