Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Cody should absolutely get squashed at backlash by the way

Brock should run through him like he did Cena

I don’t wanna see Cody as a dominant face. Boring shyt. I wanna see dude completely doubt himself and get to the point where he has to show and prove and you start to truly believe he won’t win the big one.. at that point, pull the trigger

Better booking would be cody getting mostly dominated but sneaking by with a win on a fluke pin without hitting his finisher

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Better booking would be cody getting mostly dominated but sneaking by with a win on a fluke pin without hitting his finisher

That's the old John Cena vs. Umaga booking in 2007 which I'd be fine with. I wouldn't even be mad if Cody loses to Brock but Cody is gonna need some big wins soon to keep him hot, I know people wanna look at ticket sales and merch right now but that's not indicative of where Cody would be six months from now if they don't do shyt with him.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
We talking in circles

So I’ll keep reiterating, I don’t wanna see that dominant babyface that wins every match and overcomes the odds every time ever again for as long as I live

I sat through it with Cena, I sat through it with the big dawg era Roman. I ain’t sitting through that bullshyt ever again

and that’s that. I don’t give a fukk what y’all wanna see. I know what I don’t wanna see, and no amount of babble y’all type back at me is changing my mind. That shyt trash. I hope Brock beats cody half to death. If y’all gon be mad about it, so be it. Let’s get it.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
That's the old John Cena vs. Umaga booking in 2007 which I'd be fine with. I wouldn't even be mad if Cody loses to Brock but Cody is gonna need some big wins soon to keep him hot, I know people wanna look at ticket sales and merch right now but that's not indicative of where Cody would be six months from now if they don't do shyt with him.

If they are doing a redemption arc where he overcomes the odds it would be fitting for the match to be a microcosm of that and have him mostly beat but find a way to win through his pedigree and resilience.

If he loses it would make his redemption even more difficult

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
We talking in circles

So I’ll keep reiterating, I don’t wanna see that dominant babyface that wins every match and overcomes the odds every time ever again for as long as I live

I sat through it with Cena, I sat through it with the big dawg era Roman. I ain’t sitting through that bullshyt ever again

and that’s that. I don’t give a fukk what y’all wanna see. I know what I don’t wanna see, and no amount of babble y’all type back at me is changing my mind. That shyt trash. I hope Brock beats cody half to death. If y’all gon be mad about it, so be it. Let’s get it.

I hear you but cody would hardly be seen as dominant if he gets his ass beat all match but gets a shock fluke victory at the end..if he gets his ass beat and makes a comeback to the point of basically no selling all the damage he received earlier, hits his finisher and gets a clean 3 count then I agree and that would be bad booking

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
giphy.gif

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Eh, y'all want them 2005 John Cena vibes, never thought I'd see the day. I don't have an issue with Cody winning against Brock, but not the Hogan/Cena miraculous comeback- that's the kinda stuff that starts getting babyfaces booed.

Beating Brock in a competitive match would be him picking up the pieces after Mania, but we gotta give him some form of adversity before he wins the big one. Before Mania, he was batting .1000, his only adversity had been a real-life injury. Besides that, he had beaten everyone he faced on TV and events... winning the title would have been him continuing to win all the time until he lost it. I don't think the dude is in any danger of losing ground right now- in fact, him losing the match at Mania has only increased people wanting to see him win it. He could afford that loss. Obviously, they can't take forever to have him finally win the title, but that Cena route ain't the way to go with him. He's even more babyface-ish as a character than Cena as is, that plus a Superman push would sink him.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh, y'all want them 2005 John Cena vibes, never thought I'd see the day. I don't have an issue with Cody winning against Brock, but not the Hogan/Cena miraculous comeback- that's the kinda stuff that starts getting babyfaces booed.

Beating Brock in a competitive match would be him picking up the pieces after Mania, but we gotta give him some form of adversity before he wins the big one. Before Mania, he was batting .1000, his only adversity had been a real-life injury. Besides that, he had beaten everyone he faced on TV and events... winning the title would have been him continuing to win all the time until he lost it. I don't think the dude is in any danger of losing ground right now- in fact, him losing the match at Mania has only increased people wanting to see him win it. He could afford that loss. Obviously, they can't take forever to have him finally win the title, but that Cena route ain't the way to go with him. He's even more babyface-ish as a character than Cena as is, that plus a Superman push would sink him.

Yeah, him getting his shyt kicked in, and barely winning would be trash. The story is supposed to be that Cody was actually the better wrestler, and only lost because Roman had help. Him going on a side quest and nearly losing to a guy that is supposedly now clearly a level beneath Roman according to booking doesn't help anyone at all, especially since Brock gains nothing by going over anyway.

Best option, if we're going to the Cena playbook, is having a straight up 50-50, where Brock gets his shyt in, and Cody keeps up with him every step of the way before winning. Then, assuming the win comes at SummerSlam, y'all get a summer likely built around Cody having to qualify for MITB, winning it, and forcing Roman to give him his rematch.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Beating Brock in a competitive match would be him picking up the pieces after Mania, but we gotta give him some form of adversity before he wins the big one.
The is the dumbest take wrestling fans keep trying to make. Mofos act like he came in like Goldberg and shot straight to the top :snoop:

Out of his own mouth It took him 14 years to go from undesirable to undeniable but he never had no adversity? :snoop: