Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Brock didn't have any vignettes and OVW wasn't on TV nationwide... but he showed up and was dope out the gate. People reacted to him because he was dope. But then, you had Nathan Jones with all that buildup, and nothing happened once he showed up. :manny: Sometimes people just have "it", some people find "it" after a not-so-hot debut, it just happens how it happens. Everybody's not gonna be a hit from their first appearance, advance hype or not. I do fk with vignettes though, when done in a way that really sells the wrestler's character. Some vignettes didn't make me give a fukk tho', sometimes it shows how much of a flop a guy's gonna be.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
6x4n.gif

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Hey H and TK, USE fukkING VIGNETTES YOU NERD ASS WRESTLING bytchES!!

Not everybody is in the crowd is jacking off waiting on the new NJPW at 3 am in the morning. Nor was everyone waiting for 4 pm Wednesday afternoons for the newest episodes of nXt to debut.

Give the crowd a little forewarning on why they should care about these new people instead of pretending everyone is Scott Hall and they can do his debut promo of “You all already know my name but you don’t know why I’m here”…

All of these new people are being done such a fukked up disservice because the two most powerful people in wrestling thinks their audience is a bunch of fukking wrestling nerds…:snoop:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Brock didn't have any vignettes and OVW wasn't on TV nationwide... but he showed up and was dope out the gate. People reacted to him because he was dope. But then, you had Nathan Jones with all that buildup, and nothing happened once he showed up. :manny: Sometimes people just have "it", some people find "it" after a not-so-hot debut, it just happens how it happens. Everybody's not gonna be a hit from their first appearance, advance hype or not. I do fk with vignettes though, when done in a way that really sells the wrestler's character. Some vignettes didn't make me give a fukk tho', sometimes it shows how much of a flop a guy's gonna be.
If Lesnar had shown up and powerbombed someone and left it would've been different. Lesnar showed up and beat the shyt out of everyone in the ring, and it was so brutal that you wanted to know who the fukk this guy was. Vignettes are more important now more than ever, because you need to give people a reason to know/care who these people are.
Hey H and TK, USE fukkING VIGNETTES YOU NERD ASS WRESTLING bytchES!!

Not everybody is in the crowd is jacking off waiting on the new NJPW at 3 am in the morning. Nor was everyone waiting for 4 pm Wednesday afternoons for the newest episodes of nXt to debut.

Give the crowd a little forewarning on why they should care about these new people instead of pretending everyone is Scott Hall and they can do his debut promo of “You all already know my name but you don’t know why I’m here”…

All of these new people are being done such a fukked up disservice because the two most powerful people in wrestling thinks their audience is a bunch of fukking wrestling nerds…:snoop:
It's way more frustrating with HHH because he knows better. Remember his "me and my friend mark" promo calling out the smarks? Now these are the people he's catering to while 90% of the WWE crowd isn't into that indie vibe. Tony is a nerd who books like a nerd, whereas HHH was always around the cool kids and came up during the fukking Attitude Era. Smackdown is booked like a show under a billion dollar company, and RAW is booked like a neckbeards fantasy.

Meltzer said it's because there's a "wrestling war" going on, these wrestling reporters are so desperate to relive the 90s. :mjlol:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
If Lesnar had shown up and powerbombed someone and left it would've been different. Lesnar showed up and beat the shyt out of everyone in the ring, and it was so brutal that you wanted to know who the fukk this guy was. Vignettes are more important now more than ever, because you need to give people a reason to know/care who these people are.
I wasn't going to say anything but Lesnar literally debuted in front of one of the hottest crowds in WWE history.....

And even then the fans were popping/cheering for Heyman and ECW not Lesnar :pachaha:

Lesnar didn't really start getting over until the RVD/Hardys feud