Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I think HHH would give anything for Austin Theory or Kross to come across like a superstar on television. It would be much easier to have them against their current stars. I understand Vince is gone but his idea was for his shows to be a traveling set of television stars and they can’t go too far in the other direction. Actually I think it’s much harder for a young guy to get over in front of the most jaded, most hardcore fanbase. If a new face can get over in front of the most hardcore, I’d be more likely to push them. I don’t think just any young guy would get over in that crowd either just like TNA fans bought AJ, Joe, Roode as top stars but when they turned into Crimson, Gunner, Magnus, Wes Brisco, it was a very diff story.
I mean, I hear you…

But again, I think sometimes ya’ll overlook how casual WWE’s audiences are in general..

When WWE does specialty Mania type events, the reactions are loud and energetic because those are smart fans. These people live and breathe the product.

But for these traveling weekly shows, it’s really a mixed bag. WWE is just that big as a brand.. of course you’ll have your super fan… but then you have kids with parents who probably don’t watch this shyt, guys with their girlfriends who probably don’t watch this shyt, people who used to watch and might catch an odd episode here or there, but aren’t tuned in weekly etc. it’s just something to do on a Monday or Friday

Do you really expect these people to be enthusiastically behind a newer guy like Theory?

Outside of the Seths and Ortons, these people aren’t really going ape shyt for anyone. They’ll cheer who they’re familiar with, boo who everyone else is booing, and scream “what!” during promos. That’s pretty much it.

These AEW guys give off the impression that they’re super over specifically because that fanbase is smaller and niche. Wrestling itself is a niche thing. AEW fans specifically are a niche audience, in an already niche industry. There is no mixed bag there. Everyone in that audience is “smart” fans. From the kids to the adults. They’re there because they are passionate about AEW. It’s not just “something to do on a Wednesday”

Of course they’re going to go ape shyt for their favorites. Hook. Orange Cassidy, Danhausen.. whoever.. they’re in on it.

And again, it’s a cool spot to be in. But I think those reactions leave some of you jaded. Being over with that very smart fanbase doesn’t really translate over. If Hook were to appear on a random Smackdown in front of the typical casual heavy audience, he’d get a Akira Tozawa reaction. Outside of a select few, most people would have no idea who he was. You put him in front of a buncha passionate AEW die hards tho, and he’s getting a prime Hulk Hogan reaction

And that’s no shot at Hook. I love dude. My point is being over with that fanbase doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story. Theory has almost half a million IG followers to Hooks 123k, but going off reactions you’d think Hook was a megastar.

Last edited:

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Get well soon fam

I mean, that’s what happens when your audiences are full of families with their children and people who don’t really follow the product religiously like that..

WWE is in a space where it’s so global and embedded in culture that its shows are seen as something to do. A night out…. “Oh WWE is in town, I watch that sometimes/ used to watch that.. let’s go see it” type shyt. It’s why the “What” chant still dominates WWE shows. It’s such easy fan participation. You don’t have to be invested in the product or even know what’s going on to do it. Simply wait for a pause and scream “WHAT?”… You don’t hear that bullshyt in other companies.

and It’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s where you’d logically want to be, business wise.

These other companies have a much smaller reach and very niche audiences. because of that, nearly their entire paying audiences are die hard passionate fans who follow religiously. They’re gonna be way more fired up and invested in what’s happening off top because they actually give a fukk. They aren’t just there to be there like these WWE audiences are.

I mean, I hear you…

But again, I think sometimes ya’ll overlook how casual WWE’s audiences are in general..

When WWE does specialty Mania type events, the reactions are loud and energetic because those are smart fans. These people live and breathe the product.

But for these traveling weekly shows, it’s really a mixed bag. WWE is just that big as a brand.. of course you’ll have your super fan… but then you have kids with parents who probably don’t watch this shyt, guys with their girlfriends who probably don’t watch this shyt, people who used to watch and might catch an odd episode here or there, but aren’t tuned in weekly etc. it’s just something to do on a Monday or Friday

Do you really expect these people to be enthusiastically behind a newer guy like Theory?

Outside of the Seths and Ortons, these people aren’t really going ape shyt for anyone. They’ll cheer who they’re familiar with, boo who everyone else is booing, and scream “what!” during promos. That’s pretty much it.

These AEW guys give off the impression that they’re super over specifically because that fanbase is smaller and niche. Wrestling itself is a niche thing. AEW fans specifically are a niche audience, in an already niche industry. There is no mixed bag there. Everyone in that audience is “smart” fans. From the kids to the adults. They’re there because they are passionate about AEW. It’s not just “something to do on a Wednesday”

Of course they’re going to go ape shyt for their favorites. Hook. Orange Cassidy, Danhausen.. whoever.. they’re in on it.

And again, it’s a cool spot to be in. But I think those reactions leave some of you jaded. Being over with that very smart fanbase doesn’t really translate over. If Hook were to appear on a random Smackdown in front of the typical casual heavy audience, he’d get a Akira Tozawa reaction. Outside of a select few, most people would have no idea who he was. You put him in front of a buncha passionate AEW die hards tho, and he’s getting a prime Hulk Hogan reaction

And that’s no shot at Hook. I love dude. My point is being over with that fanbase doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story. Theory has almost half a million IG followers to Hooks 123k, but going off reactions you’d think Hook was a megastar.
You spittin heat on this topic

Daps
carmella-carmella-wwe.gif
Great choice. The group would be better because like someone said Carmella is an established vet on the main roster for like 7 years.

Only thing I'd change is let Carmella be more the William Regal role (manager) and not the Roman Reigns of the group

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
yeah having a raucous crowd of 3,000 makes for a better atmosphere but Tony Khan would take a disinterested crowd of 7500 over that any day

people in general overrate crowd reactions as a barometer of if a product is hot/successful

Business wise of course the 7500 will be more desired

But as a fan, give me that raucous 3,000. Crowds can really make or break a show. Last night’s crowd made the AEW show feel special, despite it being pretty regular all things considered

Note: Not an AEW or Wwe stan, I enjoy both, but it does annoy me when those raw crowds be half asleep

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
yeah having a raucous crowd of 3,000 makes for a better atmosphere but Tony Khan would take a disinterested crowd of 7500 over that any day

people in general overrate crowd reactions as a barometer of if a product is hot/successful

Dynamite crowds were basically equal to raw crowds from summer 2021 to this spring, you can’t treat AEW crowds like Jungle Boy and Hook got over in a ballroom or bingo hall somewhere

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Bloodline celebration scheduled with Roman in the building

They hyped it last week, told Sami he needs to cut his hair and trim his beard

This has the perfect setup to be the night they turn on Sami
I reminded my kid Roman (temporarily) put Heyman out to pasture this time last year in Chicago, if I’m not mistaken.

For some it would seem like too soon, but for a huge, highly hyped show in a major city, ahead of a whole new year, it doesn’t sound like a bad idea tbh :jbhmm:

And yea, I wholeheartedly agree, have Mella return with Gigi and Jacy in tow. Has a better look and feel aesthetically than Damage CTRL even

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
When Drew came back to WWE, he came back with a new look, new physique, new moves, new attitude. HHH brought back a bunch of people that look like they haven’t done shyt the last couple years. Did any of them even come up with a new move?

My philosophy is Vince fired too many ppl, and HHH brought too many of them back.
The sweet spot needs to be somewhere in the middle.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
I give triple h credit for AT LEAST giving people a chance. Vince would just look at a guy, bury him if it didn't fit his protype and keep it moving.

Hunter and Khan are more similar than ppl think
Yup.

And their patience for people they don't think will fit their vision will grow shorter the longer they do this. It's inevitable once they settle into what their vision actually is and get burned on people who don't have "it" for one reason or another. Vince had done this long enough to know whether or not someone worked for him almost immediately most of the time.

Die a hero or live long enough to become the villain.
:sas2:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
So Davey Boy melts is saying Sasha wants full rights to her name, Becky Lynch/Charlotte Flair money and full rights to her mech

Eh..