Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
I think Triple H thought that he could turn the main roster into black & gold NXT where those Gargano types thrived in but that’s just not possible on the main roster because those fans are different than the NXT fans were and where are those NXT fans now? Cheering stars in AEW so Triple H has to reintroduce those b&g stars to essentially a whole new audience. I guess he assumed that the main roster audience watched every network NXT and every Takeover.
And I'm glad people are getting hip to the WWE main roster crowd. Unless it's the big 5 (RR, WM, MITB, SS, SS) or a mega/international city, you ain't getting any pops.

And you know that it hurts Triple H to not have type of crowd participation like the other promotions have.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
And I'm glad people are getting hip to the WWE main roster crowd. Unless it's the big 5 (RR, WM, MITB, SS, SS) or a mega/international city, you ain't getting any pops.

And you know that it hurts Triple H to not have type of crowd participation like the other promotions have.

Action Andretti got a better reception last night on Dynamite than anybody on this past Raw and he never wrestled on National TV before.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I have the flu, so no.
Get well soon fam

I mean, that’s what happens when your audiences are full of families with their children and people who don’t really follow the product religiously like that..

WWE is in a space where it’s so global and embedded in culture that its shows are seen as something to do. A night out…. “Oh WWE is in town, I watch that sometimes/ used to watch that.. let’s go see it” type shyt. It’s why the “What” chant still dominates WWE shows. It’s such easy fan participation. You don’t have to be invested in the product or even know what’s going on to do it. Simply wait for a pause and scream “WHAT?”… You don’t hear that bullshyt in other companies.

and It’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s where you’d logically want to be, business wise.

These other companies have a much smaller reach and very niche audiences. because of that, nearly their entire paying audiences are die hard passionate fans who follow religiously. They’re gonna be way more fired up and invested in what’s happening off top because they actually give a fukk. They aren’t just there to be there like these WWE audiences are.

Last edited:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

That’s one place Tony Khan has a big advantage over Levesque, Jungle Boy and Hook got star reactions last night and MJF & Starks got main eventer reactions. HHH is still struggling getting Karrion Kross any kind of reaction with many times the effort. Austin Theory is starting to turn it around but he’s not as over as the AEW young guys. There’s something to be said about getting young guys over while they’re still young.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
That’s one place Tony Khan has a big advantage over Levesque, Jungle Boy and Hook got star reactions last night and MJF & Starks got main eventer reactions. HHH is still struggling getting Karrion Kross any kind of reaction with many times the effort. Austin Theory is starting to turn it around but he’s not as over as the AEW young guys. There’s something to be said about getting young guys over while they’re still young.

Not saying any of those guys aren’t over, but I think you’re missing the larger point in that AEW is such a niche thing that it’s entire fanbase is simply more enthused because everyone is in on it.

The Nintendo Switch guy could pop up on Dynamite and get a Stone Cold Steve Austin pop specifically because that fanbase is THAT invested in the show, which is dope..

WWE left that territory a long time ago.. whenever I go to WWE shows, it’s clear the people around me don’t even watch like that just from the questions they’re asking. I have a lot more fun at AEW/Indy shows because everyone is there for the purpose of enjoying the show. It’s not just “something to bring the family to on a Monday”

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Not saying any of those guys aren’t over, but I think you’re missing the larger point in that AEW is such a niche thing that it’s entire fanbase is simply more enthused because everyone is in on it.

The Nintendo Switch guy could pop up on Dynamite and get a Stone Cold Steve Austin pop specifically because that fanbase is THAT invested in the show, which is dope..

WWE left that territory a long time ago.. whenever I go to WWE shows, it’s clear the people around me don’t even watch like that just from the questions they’re asking. I have a lot more fun at AEW/Indy shows because everyone is there for the purpose of enjoying the show. It’s not just “something to bring the family to on a Monday”

yeah having a raucous crowd of 3,000 makes for a better atmosphere but Tony Khan would take a disinterested crowd of 7500 over that any day

people in general overrate crowd reactions as a barometer of if a product is hot/successful

Last edited:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
yeah having a raucous crowd of 3,000 makes for a better atmosphere but Tony Khan would take a disinterested crowd of 7500 over that any day
:whoa:

You’re not wrong but I’m not gonna shyt on AEW for it lol

AEW even being able to bring out that many passionate die hard fans that actually give a fukk is a victory. They’re already winning half the battle

The next step business wise would be to build the brand to a point where it’s strong enough to attract people outside of the “die-hard” wrestling bubble. That takes time though, doesn’t happen overnight

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
:whoa:

You’re not wrong but I’m not gonna shyt on AEW for it lol

AEW even being able to bring out that many passionate die hard fans that actually give a fukk is a victory. They’re already winning half the battle

The next step business wise would be to build the brand to a point where it’s strong enough to attract people outside of the “die-hard” wrestling bubble. That takes time though, doesn’t happen overnight

It's not an indictment of AEW (even though it's gonna get taken that way) but more a statement on how shortsighted fans can be in losing perspective of what matters most

Remember how crazy the people were for Hogan after his match with Rock in Toronto? He was getting some of the biggest/longest ovations of anybody in years so they put the belt back on him for the nostalgia run but the ratings didn't improve and tickets didn't jump either. Crowd pops don't pay the bills :yeshrug:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder how they're gonna treat jacy and Gigi now. Give them a replacement to be their leader? They'll be D.O.A once they officially hit the main roster
carmella-carmella-wwe.gif

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
And Action Andretti probably got the biggest pop of the night when he won
:mjlol: