Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I bet HHH is holding Cardona for rumble time. Given who they brought back, and guys that are out with injury (Cody, Randy), every top spot is completely filled. For Cardona, Aleister Black, Andrade, etc to have any more opportunity now than they had before, you’ll have to also say what main eventer they’d be replacing.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Taven probably the worst ROH Championin ROH history along with a 50+ year old PCO and Xavier. The ROH title kinda went to shyt after they had Jay Lethal drop it to fukking Matt Taven. After Taven it went Rush, PCO, Rush (held it for 498 days with only three successful title defenses), Bandido, and Gresham finished as the champ before ROH effectively went under.

Taven mostly beat a bunch of mediocre or worse wrestlers during his reign. Took the belt off Jay Lethal in a three-way with Marty Scurll and his successful defenses were against Flip Gordon, Jordon Aries, PCO, Mark Haskins, Tracy Williams, Jeff Cobb, Jay Lethal/Kenny King three way, Marko Estrada, Alex Shelley, JT Dunn, and Volador Jr. Then he lost it to Rush.

As someone else said, you can pretty much point to the moment Taven won the ROH title on the ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard show in a sold out MSG as the moment when ROH began their death spiral. They really only had one legitimately good PPV after that, and that was the final one before the shutdown. Then the All In PPV they helped put together with the Young Bucks and Cody that led to the formation of AEW was like a long, drawn out choke hold that they eventually tapped out to last year.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I bet HHH is holding Cardona for rumble time. Given who they brought back, and guys that are out with injury (Cody, Randy), every top spot is completely filled. For Cardona, Aleister Black, Andrade, etc to have any more opportunity now than they had before, you’ll have to also say what main eventer they’d be replacing.
At some point, some most wrestlers are just going to have to realize that their time in the spotlight as a high level, main event, world champion caliber talent in a top company is going to be fleeting if it ever exists. Nothing wrong with being a mostly mid card/tag team talent. Especially now that HHH is treating all the non-world championship belts as legitimate championships.

Don't like it? Well go to the indies, Impact, or Japan and become a top guy there. Work on your body, your in-ring skills, and your promos. Then ball out at such a high level that you show AEW and WWE how they fukked up like how Bobby Lashley, Cody Rhodes, and Drew McIntyre did to name three examples off the top of my head.

And even then, Lashley and McIntyre aren't aren't regularly top guys, but they are close to it and generally being booked fairly favorably now.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Rock’s body completely fell apart last time he wrestled in 2013, and in 2012 he gassed within 5 mins in the ring. I think in 2023, he’d have to work a modified style match like most of his peers that worked over 50. I don’t think his pride allows for that and XFL & Black Adam means he CANNOT appear as an old man on television.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Rock’s body completely fell apart last time he wrestled in 2013, and in 2012 he gassed within 5 mins in the ring. I think in 2023, he’d have to work a modified style match like most of his peers that worked over 50. I don’t think his pride allows for that and XFL & Black Adam means he CANNOT appear as an old man on television.

Rock doesn't have anything filming within the next several months. Definitely enough time to rebuild his cardio and work with Roman on a style of match that would benefit everyone.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Rock doesn't have anything filming within the next several months. Definitely enough time to rebuild his cardio and work with Roman on a style of match that would benefit everyone.

It was like this last time unfortunately. Hhh revealed he and rocky were gonna work a program but he suddenly landed a role he couldn't refuse :yeshrug: it's a wait and see game now,

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I keep saying it, but I don’t think y’all understand

Triple H got us to give a fukk about Sheamus and got the crowd to react to Dom Mysterio.

And he got Judgement Day over. They were dead in the water. He can do anything at this point.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
At some point, some most wrestlers are just going to have to realize that their time in the spotlight as a high level, main event, world champion caliber talent in a top company is going to be fleeting if it ever exists. Nothing wrong with being a mostly mid card/tag team talent. Especially now that HHH is treating all the non-world championship belts as legitimate championships.

Don't like it? Well go to the indies, Impact, or Japan and become a top guy there. Work on your body, your in-ring skills, and your promos. Then ball out at such a high level that you show AEW and WWE how they fukked up like how Bobby Lashley, Cody Rhodes, and Drew McIntyre did to name three examples off the top of my head.

And even then, Lashley and McIntyre aren't aren't regularly top guys, but they are close to it and generally being booked fairly favorably now.
I agree with this. The World Champion was really the guy who the booker could trust to sell his tickets, t-shirts, and pull ratings. It’s top billing in the form of a belt, this is what people didnt understand when Russo called the titles “props”. The top championships are supposed to have an actual representation to the audience. It’s the promoters way of telling you, I believe he can or he already is making me money right now.

Somehow the fans which grew up to be wrestlers themselves started seeing it as a legit thing, like somebody wants to see Taka Michinoku as WWF champion in 1998.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I agree with this. The World Champion was really the guy who the booker could trust to sell his tickets, t-shirts, and pull ratings. It’s top billing in the form of a belt, this is what people didnt understand when Russo called the titles “props”. The top championships are supposed to have an actual representation to the audience. It’s the promoters way of telling you, I believe he can or he already is making me money right now.

Somehow the fans which grew up to be wrestlers themselves started seeing it as a legit thing, like somebody wants to see Taka Michinoku as WWF champion in 1998.
Some people struggle with the whole wrestling isn't a real sport thing. You get used to seeing the top sports talents - regardless of their ability to sell tickets, merch, shoes, ratings, etc. (like elite NFL offensive lineman are nobodies to everyone but hardcore fans) - still get rewarded with big contracts and rewards because of their abilities. But it doesn't work that way in wrestling. If you're not pushing tickets, ratings, merch, etc. in wrestling, eventually you're more likely than not going to get pushed.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

They could easily book around him looking old because nobody is gonna expect a workrate 30 min match, if anything I'd expect it to resemble the HHH vs Sting match at Wrestlemania where you just throw a bunch of run-ins and gaga to keep the crowd engaged until the finish

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They could easily book around him looking old because nobody is gonna expect a workrate 30 min match, if anything I'd expect it to resemble the HHH vs Sting match at Wrestlemania where you just throw a bunch of run-ins and gaga to keep the crowd engaged until the finish
Nor do I think anyone wants to see a 30-minute match. 10-minutes tops is all you really need.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

this doesnt get talked about enough. Also he got injured in the 2012 match but that doesnt get mentioned anywhere

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
I keep saying it, but I don’t think y’all understand

Triple H got us to give a fukk about Sheamus and got the crowd to react to Dom Mysterio.

And he got Judgement Day over. They were dead in the water. He can do anything at this point.
Dudes just want to complain to complain this roster needs legit length to it. First it was WWE didn't have to fire all these people to quote on quote budget cuts now that they want to bring some of these same people back. People complain why are you bring them back. Dudes can't make up their mind.

People seem to forget when Hunter said whenever he got power, he wanted to do a legit brand spilt well you can't do that with how small the roster is right now. Dudes don't have any patience

Last edited:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Dudes just want to complain to complain this roster needs legit length to it. First it was WWE didn't have to fire all these people to quote on quote budget cuts now that they want to bring some of these same people back. People complain why are you bring them back. Dudes can't make up their mind.

People seem like people seem to forget when Hunter said he whenever he got power, he wanted to do a legit brand spilt well you can't do that with how small the roster is right now. Dudes don't have any patience
I think WWE is doing a lot right at the moment and it’s hard to find things to nitpick

So the few things that can be painted unfavorably (some of the signings/ damage ctrl losing matches) people are gonna zero in on and magnify as if they’re the biggest problems in the world

It’s kinda stupid, but expected. That’s just how wrestling fans are lol