Tried upgrading my late 2011 Macbook Pro to an SSD, but

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
The shyt doesn’t show up. Connected it to the SATA connector where my old drive was, but I hadn’t initialized it with an enclosure. This shyt refuses to even show up in disk utility in Recovery Mode, as well as disk utlity in an external High Sierra boot disk. Even the device won’t show up so I can format it. Is it the SATA cable to blame, brehs? How to I get this shyt running?

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The shyt doesn’t show up. Connected it to the SATA connector where my old drive was, but I hadn’t initialized it with an enclosure. This shyt refuses to even show up in disk utility in Recovery Mode, as well as disk utlity in an external High Sierra boot disk. Even the device won’t show up so I can format it. Is it the SATA cable to blame, brehs? How to I get this shyt running?

pull the drive and put the old HDD back in. use a clone tool and move everything over to the SSD. when you put it back in everything will be straight

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
pull the drive and put the old HDD back in. use a clone tool and move everything over to the SSD. when you put it back in everything will be straight
There’s no way to do it without the enclosure? And what’s a good enclosure to get?