Toshiba warns of chip shortage throughout 2022

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Its kinda crazy they releasing two new consoles (switch oled and steam deck) this year with this chip shortage thing going on. These things are gonna be worth a fortune.

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
this shyt aint never gonna end :mjcry:

glad I ended up snatching a PS5 a while back even tho I wasn't really pressed to get one (at the time) :whew: cuz I knew in 2022 once the heavy-hitters started to drop I woulda been fiendin'

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this shyt aint never gonna end :mjcry:

glad I ended up snatching a PS5 a while back even tho I wasn't really pressed to get one (at the time) :whew: cuz I knew in 2022 once the heavy-hitters started to drop I woulda been fiendin'

Holidays is gonna be crazy after this show next week for ps5’s.

And xbox has two games coming out so thats gonna be tough also. Holidays are just gonna be insane with people who waited thinking supply was gonna be better

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
fukk is up with these chip manufacturers :gucci:, fukking up the car market as well.
It all falls down to their business model.

It’s bare bones. Just in time manufacturing. Absolutely no surplus, everything is made to order. No money is wasted so there’s absolute profit, shareholders are happy.

So now that there’s extreme demand, they are still applying this same shyt business model and filling the backlog. It’ll legit take years before they have more capacity if they even decide to invest in it proportion to current demand.

It’s bad management. Add in the fact that chips are incredibly hard to make and it takes years of future planning to even create and organize a manufacture plant of that capacity.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Stocked up on GPU's early 2020 when everybody was copping toliet paper and hand soap :blessed: