Top 10 most profitable films of 2017 by Deadline (Last Jedi #1)

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
When it comes to evaluating the financial performance of top movies, it isn’t about what a film grosses at the box office. The true tale is told when production budgets, P&A, talent participations and other costs collide with box office grosses, and ancillary revenues from VOD to DVD and TV. To get close to that mysterious end of the equation, Deadline uses data culled by seasoned and trusted sources.

This year, we’re changing it up, counting down from No. 10 all the way to crowning a champion. (See last year’s tournament here.). We’re also adding a report on the top five bombs, and we’ll continue to spotlight five cash cows — profitable titles that far exceeded their cash outlays.

The difficulty in determining exactly what talent gets after cash break keeps this from being a perfect science, but the aim is to demystify the process and make it clear that bragging about a weekend No. 1 finish, when it’s a small portion of budget and other costs, is often a hollow victory.

Top 10 Most Profitable

sAQ4Tm4.png

Revenue Sources
Wt8cuxf.png

Expenses
2iFJgYv.png

Movie Profits | Deadline

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Wonder Woman and IT made more than enough to wipe away the stink of Justice League :whew:
WB pulled in more than $540 million with those two:ehh:

We'll see if they can make more with the sequels but it'll probably be difficult because the participation points are going to go way up when they cast known adults for IT and give Patty and Gal Gadot a big raise for WW 2.

Sony must be kissing the Rock's ass.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i still didnt see that Beauty and the Beast shyt.
:francis:

i dont think i did.
:patrice:

wait a minute...

did i??
:ohhh: