Top 10 Films of 2017 Discussion Thread

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Haven't seen this thread done yet.:ld:Better late than never.
:leostare:Gonna wait for a few more screeners to leak before I do my list, but I'm sure some of ya'll already did your work for the year.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
2017 was lit.:yeshrug:fukk it...

1. It
2. Coco
3. Logan
4.Get Out
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
7. Wolf Warrior 2
8. Spider-Man: Homecoming
9. The Florida Project
10. Girls Trip

HM:
The Lego Batman Movie
Guardians of The Galaxy 2
I, Tonya

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
This is normally a thing we do right before the Oscars breh. Normally. That's why there's no thread:russ:
:yeshrug:Oscar season has been mad light this year since most of the best movies came out earlier than usual. What other movies are you waiting to watch from last year btw? And why we gotta wait till Oscars for? The Coli can't make rational votes without Oscar noms being released?

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Still gotta see:

I,Tonya
Call Me By Your Name
Molly's Game
The Post
A Ghost Story
Mudbound
Coco
Your Name
The Killing of Sacred Deer
All The Money In The World
Phantom Thread
Raw

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:yeshrug:Oscar season has been mad light this year since most of the best movies came out earlier than usual. What other movies are you waiting to watch from last year btw? And why we gotta wait till Oscars for? The Coli can't make rational votes without Oscar noms being released?

It’s not about rational or irrational. Lol a lot of cats wait for screeners to hit or when they get their hands on something. Just tradition man. If you wanna buck it go ahead I’m just explaining to you why there was nothing there yet

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
It’s not about rational or irrational. Lol a lot of cats wait for screeners to hit or when they get their hands on something. Just tradition man. If you wanna buck it go ahead I’m just explaining to you why there was nothing there yet
:ehh:Fair enough. I'm pretty certain bout my top 5 at this point. 6-10 might change once I catch the remaining screeners.

Daps
In no particular order:

Phantom Thread
The Florida Project
Foxtrot
Raw
Thelma
The Killing of a Sacred Deer
A Ghost Story
I Am Not a Witch
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

There's definitely some I could swap out for others, and others that I haven't seen yet, but that's my list at the moment.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
:umad:

I don't even know I've seen 10 movies this year :mjcry:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t sat down and really examined my favorites of the year. I still need to write down everything I’ve seen because it becomes a blur as the year goes on.

I remember a lot of my impressions after leaving the theater but not many detailed pros and cons. I think I’ll have to rewatch several of the films I’m considering because second viewings can drastically increase or decrease my enjoyment. Went from being lukewarm on The Witch to loving it the second time I watched it.

But I’ll throw out some films that have lingered in my head as possible top 10 favorites of the year

No particular order:

Get Out

Ingrid Goes West

Good Time

Florida Project

mother!

Wonder

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Brad’s Status

The Last Jedi

Blade Runner 2049

War for the Planet of the Apes

Baby Driver

It Comes at Night

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This is normally a thing we do right before the Oscars breh. Normally. That's why there's no thread:russ:
Yea we usually wait til Mid February for this.

Hollywood still can't figure out a proper release schedule for the awards types movies and most people who aren't critics for a living haven't seen everything yet. And not everything is out yet everywhere (word to The Post)

Hell our boy @HHR and his moviepass still hasn't seen some flicks yet so you know it's hard out here. :lolbron:

I still haven't seen:
Three Billboards
Call me by Your Name
The Florida Project
Phantom Thread
The Post

Now I don't know if any of these will crack my top 10 yet but I won't post my current list yet either :gandalf:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea we usually wait til Mid February for this.

Hollywood still can't figure out a proper release schedule for the awards types movies and most people who aren't critics for a living haven't seen everything yet. And not everything is out yet everywhere (word to The Post)

Hell our boy @HHR and his moviepass still hasn't seen some flicks yet so you know it's hard out here. :lolbron:

I still haven't seen:
Three Billboards
Call me by Your Name
The Florida Project
Phantom Thread
The Post

Now I don't know if any of these will crack my top 10 yet but I won't post my current list yet either :gandalf:

Exactly.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I really hope Oscar bait stuff is good this time because 2017 was a horrible year for movies. I haven't seen War Apes but I'm so depressed for anything that might not be bad I'm thinking about giving it a chance despite how bad the previous installments were