Took my daughter out of school today to see Book Of Clarence,why isnt this as big as Black Panther?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For all that "Jesus is black:damn:" "We are the true Jews:damn:" talk Ive seen more of this past year,this movie isnt getting the same type of hype I expected.

You finally get a black Jesus on the big screen. That same energy we had for black panther needs to be had for this movie. And I dont even neccessarily believe Jesus was more than just a regular guy in flesh,and maybe never even personally existed. But neither did Black Panther,but Tchalla doesnt have a fraction of the significance,nor has he saved as many black peoples lives in real life. If this movie flops,i will take it to mean yall love yall some white Jesus:respect:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I thought he was like comp for Jesus. He like saw his act and thought he could duplicate it. That's what I got from the trailer not that he's actually Jesus.
Plus, religious movies for many is just a huge turnoff. Either you are not religious at all and don't care about that stuff or you're deeply religious and don't like the scripture played with for entertainment purposes.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It looks more like a comedy than something serious

At least have them speaking Hebrew or Aramaic with subtitles

the scene and setting doesn't match their American and off-British accents, and playing Princee- I will die for you. Contextually seems off to me.

I'm basing all this off the commercial I saw on youtube, I dont find it appealing tbh

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I thought he was like comp for Jesus. He like saw his act and thought he could duplicate it. That's what I got from the trailer not that he's actually Jesus.
Based on the trailer, yeah, he is, but he knows and interacts with real Jesus, who is also black.

I actually wanted to see it, totally forgot about it. I blame shytty marketing.