Tony Scott Appreciation- Talk about your favorites, most underrated

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this guy has a damn good filmography. Stand out movies like Top Gun, and Crimson Tide, etc but its way beyond those.

For my favorites it would have to be Man on fire, Enemy of the State, Last Boy Scout

His most underrated movies are The Fan with Deniro and Snipes. Just a crazy, electric film.
Spy Game with Pitt and Redford. Spy game just like Enemy of the state is one of my hand full of favorite Smith or Pitt movies.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In no order.

MAN ON FIRE
TRUE ROMANCE
TOP GUN
ENEMY OF THE STATE

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Last boy scout
Revenge the theatrical cut
Beverly hills cop 2
Man on fire
True Romance

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Last Boy Scout
Crimson Tide
True Romance
Top Gun
Beverly Hills Cop 2

Dude was underrated as an action director and unfairly overshadowed by Ridley. He's a much much much more consistent director than Ridley and I'd rather watch a Tony movie any day of the week.

He gave birth to a lot of action directors, whether it's Fuqua, Bay, or even some of the shyt they're doing with Baba Yaga right now

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Fuqua's early work is more grounded and grimy than Scott ever was, but the influence is there, certainly as Fuqua has careened into D list action movies.

The story on which the disastrous 1990 "Revenge" is based, is so dope, it deserved a better adaptation.

I saw "Spy Game", "Enemy of The State" in theaters, and "The Fan" on bootleg ppv in 97, and as a young kid, they were some of my favorites and most anticipated in those days. Now, I see the thinness of his work, in some of my favorites, but I think largely those I named hold up, and of course his iconic Beverly Hills Cop in the 80's, which I also watched on VHS in the late 90's.

I think "Spy Game" may be my favorite, part nostalgia for 10thgrade sure, but "True Romance" is very grating in parts, though an undeniable classic.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Revenge was a feature length movie of the r kelly "down low" music video

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Great director who knew how to blend action with emotion, the music in his movies really helped with the tone

Top 5 films would be

True Romance
Crimson Tide
Man on Fire
Top Gun
Enemy of the State