TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
You lost me at Scorpio Sky……..Might as well name Nana, Dante Martin, Darius Martin, and the Private Party nikkas too if the only qualification is just being black.

And Dante Martin at one time was one of my favorite guys in all of AEW.

Jay Lethal has only been there for like two years and is nowhere as over as he was when he won the ROH title. He was hot again when he did the Ric Flair angle but im not sure if he was signed.

I love Gresham but if being world champ was only about technical skills then ZSJ would be a multi time IWGP Champ rn and Pac would’ve been AEW Champ. He definitely deserved a full time spot on the AEW roster though.

The only legitimate options before Swerve would have been Hobbs or Starks.

Because yeah you could put the top belt on Scorpio Sky….Just like WWE could’ve also put their top belt on Maven :francis:
I'm no Scorpio Sky fan (I think he's also on that Swerve shyt), but he has plenty of talent. The problem with Sky's AEW run was the way Tony Khan presented him. He never got the tv time that the less talented white boys got (admittedly, sometimes due to injury) and then he was usually in a tag team playing second fiddle to his white partners.
When Sky won the TNT title, instead of getting over with his custom L.A. belts, he had to play the background while his manager feuded with Brandi Rhodes.
None of that has anything to do with Scorpio's lack of talent or athleticism, Scorpio not getting over is his boss's fault.
Moving on to Jay Lethal, him being new to AEW has nothing to do with him coming in and getting a title shot. Deonna Perazzo, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, and Edge Adam Copeland all say hi, btw.
As far as Gresham, he isn't just a great technical wrestler, but he can talk, he can work a power style, and he has a marketable look. I don't know anything about ZSJ (I don't watch that shyt), but in the land of "this is awesome" chants, Gresham's ring work would've been more than enough.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

Since it gets cut off:

Bryan Alvarez reveals backstage frustrations in AEW over Tony Khan's booking:

"I don't want to compare this to like WWE back in the day but it is very, very much like that and a lot of people are very frustrated because they don't find out the Tuesday before. Some people do, some people will know what they're doing because there are a couple of matches usually advertised in advance. But most people are showing up the day of the show and finding out if they are doing anything or not."

"There's very little communication. I've been hearing about this for months, people are very frustrated. They show up, 'Here's what you're gonna do'. Lots of people will complain and it gets changed which is also a big problem I hear about all the time. People don't want to do something and Tony doesn't make them do it. There's a lot of this,"

"People aren't gonna come forward and talk about it publicly, they will someday. This is one of those things where people will say I'm wrong now and then someday people are going to talk and you'll realise that I'm actually not wrong. I hear about this every single day. Trying to put together these shows is just a whirlwind of 'Will this person do this? They don't want to? What can we do? Will you do it?'."

"There's a lot, a lot, a lot, of frustration. There's also injuries that he deals with and no there's not shows put together a week in advance or two weeks in advance. The days of long-term booking, they're gone,"

"He has an idea. I'm sure he had a card for the pay-per-view but as far as week to week how they get there, every week is like what are we going to do this week? He wants to do things but people don't want to go along with it, people are hurt. Whatever."

- Bryan Alvarez (Wrestling Observer Live)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'm no Scorpio Sky fan (I think he's also on that Swerve shyt), but he has plenty of talent. The problem with Sky's AEW run was the way Tony Khan presented him. He never got the tv time that the less talented white boys got (admittedly, sometimes due to injury) and then he was usually in a tag team playing second fiddle to his white partners.
When Sky won the TNT title, instead of getting over with his custom L.A. belts, he had to play the background while his manager feuded with Brandi Rhodes.
None of that has anything to do with Scorpio's lack of talent or athleticism, Scorpio not getting over is his boss's fault.
Moving on to Jay Lethal, him being new to AEW has nothing to do with him coming in and getting a title shot. Deonna Perazzo, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, and Edge Adam Copeland all say hi, btw.
As far as Gresham, he isn't just a great technical wrestler, but he can talk, he can work a power style, and he has a marketable look. I don't know anything about ZSJ (I don't watch that shyt), but in the land of "this is awesome" chants, Gresham's ring work would've been more than enough.
Scorpio Sky couldn’t get over in ROH at it’s weakest period either. He fuccking sucks. Thats not on TK.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Scorpio Sky couldn’t get over in ROH at it’s weakest period either. He fuccking sucks. Thats not on TK.
Okay, let's say that Scorpio Sky does suck. Actually, let's say that he's Jon Moxley bad; he's straight up horrendous.
That doesn't negate the fact that in a five year span, a company that boasts about progressiveness, inclusion, and diversity could've (and should've) had a Black world champion(or at least a Black main eventer) by now.

Silkk

Daps
Okay, let's say that Scorpio Sky does suck. Actually, let's say that he's Jon Moxley bad; he's straight up horrendous.
That doesn't negate the fact that in a five year span, a company that boasts about progressiveness, inclusion, and diversity could've (and should've) had a Black world champion(or at least a Black main eventer) by now.
And hopefully they’re about to. If you’re talking about Hobbs/Starks then ok sure but im not a proponent of saying they should’ve just gave a mf the belt because they’re black. Swerve and Starks are the only ones that you can legit point based on what we’ve actually seen and how over they got to say they should’ve been/should be World Champion.

Should they have made Brandi women’s world champ to check off that box in year 1 too?

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
And hopefully they’re about to. If you’re talking about Hobbs/Starks then ok sure but im not a proponent of saying they should’ve just gave a mf the belt because they’re black. Swerve and Starks are the only ones that you can legit point
Re-read my earlier post. I named several credible Black men besides Swerve & Starks. A smart booker could've made any of them champion. No matter who you name, the fact remains that it shouldn't have taken 5 years to put a Black man in the main event.

based on what we’ve actually seen and how over they got to say they should’ve been/should be World Champion.

Should they have made Brandi women’s world champ to check off that box in year 1 too?
You're being facetious, but no, Brandi shouldn't have been the women's champ. However, Awesome Kong could've been the inaugural champ (even with her back injuries at the time, she still could've had a month long run), Nyla Rose could've held the title since Nyla was the most physically dominant wrestler in the women's division at the time, Jade Cargill was the biggest star in the women's division and never sniffed the DMD division. While I'm at it, Trish Adora, Athena, and Kiera Hogan have all held gold in other companies, but not in Tony Khan's.

Silkk

Daps
Re-read my earlier post. I named several credible Black men besides Swerve & Starks. A smart booker could've made any of them champion.

You're being facetious, but no, Brandi shouldn't have been the women's champ. However, Awesome Kong could've been the inaugural champ (even with her back injuries at the time, she still could've had a month long run), Nyla Rose could've held the title since Nyla was the most physically dominant wrestler in the women's division at the time, Jade Cargill was the biggest star in the women's division and never sniffed the DMD division. While I'm at it, Trish Adora, Athena, and Kiera Hogan have all held gold in other companies, but not in Tony Khan's.
Breh you named people not even on the roster and said they could’ve been champion.

Hypothetically if TK let Moose beat Omega for the AEW title everybody including us would’ve tore into his ass and rightfuly so.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Breh you named people not even on the roster and said they could’ve been champion.

Hypothetically if TK let Moose beat Omega for the AEW title everybody including us would’ve tore into his ass and rightfuly so.
I named Moose because he had wrestled Miss Kenny for the Impact title. Tony Khan wouldn't allow Moose to go over either.
You keep focusing on individual names instead of the main point: THERE SHOULD'VE BEEN A BLACK MAN AND A BLACK WOMAN IN THE MAIN EVENT BY NOW & TONY KHAN HAS HAD FIVE WHOLE YEARS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! <- That's the only part that.matters.

Last edited: