TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Here's the thing with Dub and the issues with 12 PPVs a year...

The reason why WWE and even WCW done it was due to the one thing Tony Khan is allergic to...storylines.

You expect casuals and regular wrestling fans to sit through a wrasslin wrestling superfight spectacle without no rhyme or reason in the Western part of the world that focuses on storyline and angles :francis: ?

You can't book to the Western crowd puro type of matches, because it goes on deaf ears and eyes. What made the Dub PPVs and Dynamite events special was that it legit felt like a coming attraction, due to the lack of being overbloated.

• Fyter Fest was good for fukkery
  • Fight for the Fallen was charity and fukkery combined
  • Winter is Coming had a crazy debut (STINK!)
  • Blood and Gutz (Wargames fukkery)
And you had the big 4 for the Dub.

Now its just shyt throwing together without no endgame or buildup, outside of having to look at numerous clips, videos, comic books, and other forms of bullshyt just to catch what the hell is happening in the world of AEW.

Even CHIKARA was easy to follow and that lore is batshyt insane.
That's the thing though, AEW are victims of their own success. With success comes growth and exposure, your fanbase clamors for more content and so do your business partners if you want continued growth. They've already seen greater gains in less time than pretty much any other promotion in history so you have to take what comes with that.

It takes strong leadership to hold to the formula that brought you that success or to manage that growth in a way that doesn't cause you to lose the soul of your product. We're going to see which way this goes.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
That's the thing though, AEW are victims of their own success. With success comes growth and exposure, your fanbase clamors for more content and so do your business partners if you want continued growth. They've already seen greater gains in less time than pretty much any other promotion in history so you have to take what comes with that.

It takes strong leadership to hold to the formula that brought you that success or to manage that growth in a way that doesn't cause you to lose the soul of your product. We're going to see which way this goes.

I mean, I feel you. Trust, when TNA tried to do the same with the Hoegan/Bischoff era, it damns near killed them, but they continue to rise like No Limit in 97. The thing with Dub is that growth comes with the maturity of the overall product.

How you are trying to have a promotion grow when most of the fanbase are some of the biggest scumbags and dirtbags since Nicky Barnes. Not only that, you have a toxic ass roster that refuse to get scolded because Tony Khan is a fukking mark, and you have a bunch of immature man children trying to cater to excessive workrate and indie babble, and wonder why seats are looking on the slim side.

Fans going to have to accept that you will have to adapt or perish, and honestly, if Khan wants to keep growing and not look back, he needs to do the following:

• Step back from the book
  • Embrace in engaging storylines, so folks can have a reason to get those empty seats
  • Stop dikkeating Chicago and smark mark cities (branch out and keep Chicago and eventually London as a special occasion)
  • Focus on legit talent and stop allowing the talent to play the game (slowly but surely with the roster, stop doing indies, which makes a ton of sense because they are going to win anyway)
  • Spank the fanbase (like it or not, Vince fukks with the audience because its a show of power. When you allow the fanbase to shyt on the casuals, send death threats, and just make the entire IWC become this miserable insufferable shytshow of a community.....yes the community was shyt but good grief the neckbeardism is stronk!)
With that being done, I guarantee you this thread would be so back of the bus, and wrestling fans will embrace the changes. The hardcores can fukk off!!!

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
I mean, I feel you. Trust, when TNA tried to do the same with the Hoegan/Bischoff era, it damns near killed them, but they continue to rise like No Limit in 97. The thing with Dub is that growth comes with the maturity of the overall product.

How you are trying to have a promotion grow when most of the fanbase are some of the biggest scumbags and dirtbags since Nicky Barnes. Not only that, you have a toxic ass roster that refuse to get scolded because Tony Khan is a fukking mark, and you have a bunch of immature man children trying to cater to excessive workrate and indie babble, and wonder why seats are looking on the slim side.

Fans going to have to accept that you will have to adapt or perish, and honestly, if Khan wants to keep growing and not look back, he needs to do the following:

• Step back from the book
  • Embrace in engaging storylines, so folks can have a reason to get those empty seats
  • Stop dikkeating Chicago and smark mark cities (branch out and keep Chicago and eventually London as a special occasion)
  • Focus on legit talent and stop allowing the talent to play the game (slowly but surely with the roster, stop doing indies, which makes a ton of sense because they are going to win anyway)
  • Spank the fanbase (like it or not, Vince fukks with the audience because its a show of power. When you allow the fanbase to shyt on the casuals, send death threats, and just make the entire IWC become this miserable insufferable shytshow of a community.....yes the community was shyt but good grief the neckbeardism is stronk!)
With that being done, I guarantee you this thread would be so back of the bus, and wrestling fans will embrace the changes. The hardcores can fukk off!!!
All In/All Out Season, respectively. I dig it. Aside from the traditional Thanksgiving Eve Dynamite, I’m actually cool with AEW not running Chicago except for All Out week. They’d get the maximum attendance they could with doing that.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
All In/All Out Season, respectively. I dig it. Aside from the traditional Thanksgiving Eve Dynamite, I’m actually cool with AEW not running Chicago except for All Out week. They’d get the maximum attendance they could with doing that.

Chicago is like Dub's NYC to WWE, but they really need to test the waters with over cities. Hell, I know there are some wrasslin fans in Koalabama. Come through, so I can have a excuse to drag the Joey to see Moxley bleed for the squad :banderas:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Serena Deeb has been off of AEW TV for quite some time, and a new report details a few claims on why that’s the case. Deeb last competed for AEW in October of last year on AEW Dark: Elevation; she made one of her first public appearances for a while at the Cauliflower Alley Club recently. Fightful Select has two different stories from different sides about why she has been off TV, one of which involves her having heat with management.

According to the report, Deeb has told people that she’s dealing with a serious injury and is trying to get cleared. Meanwhile, sources in AEW have indicated that there has also been some heat on her due to a major disagreement that she had with management that led to her being taken off TV.

The latter story states that Deeb was very vocal about how she was being used on TV and the amount of time she was given. Deeb reportedly accused Tony Khan and others in AEW management of reducing her match times without telling her until they got to the ring. AEW’s side stated that they actually pulled a list of times and showed Deeb that her time wasn’t cut based on what was budgeted for the show. Deeb’s level of disagreement entered a point of disrespect according to people familiar with the matter.

It is normal for wrestling companies’ producers and coaches to not pass along match times until they’re finalized in order to keep talent from getting upset when cuts end up having to happen. People close to Deeb say that they haven’t heard the latter story directly from her. That said, it is one that several people on the roster and elsewhere in the company have heard.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Serena Deeb has been off of AEW TV for quite some time, and a new report details a few claims on why that’s the case. Deeb last competed for AEW in October of last year on AEW Dark: Elevation; she made one of her first public appearances for a while at the Cauliflower Alley Club recently. Fightful Select has two different stories from different sides about why she has been off TV, one of which involves her having heat with management.

According to the report, Deeb has told people that she’s dealing with a serious injury and is trying to get cleared. Meanwhile, sources in AEW have indicated that there has also been some heat on her due to a major disagreement that she had with management that led to her being taken off TV.

The latter story states that Deeb was very vocal about how she was being used on TV and the amount of time she was given. Deeb reportedly accused Tony Khan and others in AEW management of reducing her match times without telling her until they got to the ring. AEW’s side stated that they actually pulled a list of times and showed Deeb that her time wasn’t cut based on what was budgeted for the show. Deeb’s level of disagreement entered a point of disrespect according to people familiar with the matter.

It is normal for wrestling companies’ producers and coaches to not pass along match times until they’re finalized in order to keep talent from getting upset when cuts end up having to happen. People close to Deeb say that they haven’t heard the latter story directly from her. That said, it is one that several people on the roster and elsewhere in the company have heard.
On one hand I could see TK being afraid to give someone like a CM Punk or Moxley bad news, which he actually shouldn’t be since he’s the fukking boss, but someone on the lower end of the totem pole like Serena Deeb too? :mjlol:

Imagine Triple H worrying about telling Natalya her match was going to be cut short lmao.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah dude was dead to me when he did that lame shyt. Nevermind a cross event to at least make the roster look somewhat strong (we all know AEW roster are full blown legendary Dark Souls mode when it comes down to different promotions), but the fact that he got on that damn show and promoted Dub in the darkest timeframe, allowed Omega to go over without no sort of getback beyond the obvious Christian Cade victory (since he was on the Dub and had IMPACT ties).

They somehow fukked over the ratings and raped the company of its some of their production crew. Straight up grimey shyt, but I digress because I do not want to shake trees today :unimpressed:

fukk impact.

Art Barr

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
all the vets especially from wcw must see the writing on the wall and having dejavu. except khan has way more money and power than turner but at some point it might not be worth it to the networks.