Tony Khan said people see him as Paul Heyman-like. What does the Inner Circle think?

Tony=Heyman?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
411 Mania logo

WRESTLING / NEWS

Tony Khan on Fans Comparing Him to Paul Heyman

August 17, 2022 | Posted by Jeffrey Harris
Tony Khan AEW
Image Credit: AEW
– During an appearance on Busted Open Radio this week, AEW President & CEO Tony Khan discussed getting often compared to WWE’s Paul Heyman. Below are some highlights Fightful):
Tony Khan on people comparing him to Paul Heyman: “The person I have people come up to me and say, as far as being a fan who was around pro wrestling and wrestlers for a long time and then jumped into the business, the person I think I get compared to most often of, ‘You remind me of this person,’ I think we’re really different people and I haven’t talked to him or gotten or see him in a really long time is Paul. Paul Heyman, not the other Paul (Levesque).”
His thoughts on Heyman and growing up on ECW: “I grew up on that ECW stuff. Our products are different, he’s a genius and I’m not trying to compare the mindset at all, but as far as trying to keep your finger on the pulse of fans, during a commercial break, even going out and talking to fans and trying to keep them excited during the show, it means a lot to me. I’ve gotten to learn a lot from a lot of people in the wrestling business without having that official apprenticeship. I love the business so much.”
Tonight’s AEW Dynamite is being held at the North Charleston Coliseum in Charleston, West Virginia. The show will be broadcast live on TBS at 8:00 pm EST.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Most of the incel markkks also here on this board think the same about themselves, you’re no different

AEW has been the TSC dream booking with the Chinese midgets and gymnastics, ratings now are all time embarrassing
I'm indifferent to it all, child. I barely watch the shyt. I just watched the Asuka tag match and Lashley vs Styles. That was it. Saw the Owens/Drew promo too.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I'm indifferent to it all, child. I barely watch the shyt. I just watched the Asuka tag match and Lashley vs Styles. That was it. Saw the Owens/Drew promo too.

So you spend your time watching Kang’s creative…

You’re no different than the WWWF markkks you criticize, don’t tell me about how you illegally stream it, that’s irrelevant

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
So you spend your time watching Kang’s creative…

You’re no different than the WWWF markkks you criticize, don’t tell me about how you illegally stream it, that’s irrelevant
Well..I've been watching certain times of NXT for a long time..the Asuka push I've always praised..the Roman stuff? I never did. So "Kang" better start bringing it on a 100% basis now..can't blame that old man anymore.

I don't matter to the bottom line. I stream WWE, boxing, Amanda Nunes fights. I put money in the pocket of HBO Max which has Batman TAS, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn Series..shyt like that..

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm sure some of the diehard AEW beards make this comparison and they don't qualify it the way Khan did in his statement.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I'll be honest. Booking wise, Tony is great booking a guy chasing a title or chasing a feud. But he's absolutely god awful booking a champion. Outside of Kenny Omega's AEW championship run & the Young Buck's first tag-team championship run, almost every other champion has been forgettable. Hangman had great matches as champion, but he had no real memorable feud. Same applies to Jericho and Moxley too. The tag title situation has always been a mess along with the TNT championship too. Miro had a good run too, I guess.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'll be honest. Booking wise, Tony is great booking a guy chasing a title or chasing a feud. But he's absolutely god awful booking a champion. Outside of Kenny Omega's AEW championship run & the Young Buck's first tag-team championship run, almost every other champion has been forgettable. Hangman had great matches as champion, but he had no real memorable feud. Same applies to Jericho and Moxley too.
Only disagreement is Miro’s TNT title run. I think that shyt is the best thing AEW has done yet BY FAR.

The ending was shyt though. It would’ve meant WAY more if someone like Wardlow beat him for it vs sammy in a bum ass fluke :snoop:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Only disagreement is Miro’s TNT title run. I think that shyt is the best thing AEW has done yet BY FAR.

The ending was shyt though. It would’ve meant WAY more if someone like Wardlow beat him for it vs sammy in a bum ass fluke :snoop:

You got me before I could edit my post. Miro's TNT run was great too.