To what extent will you help a homeless person/busker/drug addict on the street

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Giving them food and money only exacerbates the problem. It’s like seeing a roach on the counter and leaving bread crumbs afterwards. What’s gonna happen? See this shyt daily walking to work…it’s getting pretty bad. Saw a dude chillin on a bench near where I park butt ass naked, balls hanging over the edge of the seat :skip: . Kids sometimes walk through there. Walked past a huge ass pile of bum shyt this morning on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant. Between all of this and the constant smell of bum piss every morning, something needs to change…
You disgust me.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
In regards to the homeless individual being a drug addict, I'd say reluctantly.

Reluctant because I don't like being bamboozled for money (it doesn't matter if it's 50¢ or $1) on top of supporting somebody's drug habit. It makes me feel like I'm wasting my hard-earned money as well as my compassion and empathy.

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know some may say well whatever they do with the money after you gave them it is their business but, I'm not interested in helping you get high.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sympathetic to the homeless individuals who need food, clothes, toiletries, shelter, etc, and want to be better but I have no feelings for somebody throwing their life away willing to be an addict, especially an addict that has no interest in improving their life. Now I know it's not easy for addicts to change but you've got to make the effort and show people that you want to change and in return, people will be more inclined to be supportive.

Last edited:

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
View people in unfortunate situations as roaches brehs.
Unfortunate:martin:. Maybe in some cases, but you know I’m right, fuker. We just had a bum attack someone dining on the street at a restaurant, completely unprovoked. Hit them with a big ass stick and gave him a concussion. Had another just run up on a couple walking down the street and scared the shyt out of them…it was like he was about to attack them but faked out…just a crazy ass dude. These fukers don’t belong out there free roaming. Suckers like you will just bring more around…

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unfortunate:martin:. Maybe in some cases, but you know I’m right, fuker. We just had a bum attack someone dining on the street at a restaurant, completely unprovoked. Hit them with a big ass stick and gave him a concussion. Had another just run up on a couple walking down the street and scared the shyt out of them…it was like he was about to attack them but faked out…just a crazy ass dude. These fukers don’t belong out there free roaming. Suckers like you will just bring more around…

You are referring to criminals who happen to be destitute, big difference. Just admit you can be somewhat of a shytty human being on occasion

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
You are referring to criminals who happen to be destitute, big difference. Just admit you can be somewhat of a shytty human being on occasion
Yeah, most bums are upstanding citizens who happen to be destitute :stopitslime: . I’m not totally shytty..I mean I am going back and forth with a Coli bum and giving you my valuable time….

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
You think people sign up to be addicts?
No, however, it's not an excuse to continue living recklessly. I'm not going to help an addict kill themselves by financing their next fix/high.

The point of helping people is to make them a better person and improve their life situation, not further bring them down by supporting their drug and alcohol addiction.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
No, however, it's not an excuse to continue living recklessly. I'm not going to help an addict kill themselves by financing their next fix/high.

The point of helping people is to make them a better person and improve their life situation, not further bring them down by supporting their drug and alcohol addiction.

:francis:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
I only give to other black men, everyone else has access to the social safety net.

romeodunn

Pro
Daps
33e81c1d14c36523c4b980139b32e9a2.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL

You’re not supporting their addiction. They are responsible for their addiction. There are way more functional addicts than those on the street. Using your logic, if an addicts employer pays them a paycheck, they are directly supporting their habit. If they use that lil change you gave them to go cop a bump to keep from being dope sick, then please believe you are making them a better person.

FieldMouse51

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
704 QC
I will give some cash especially if my kids are with me because I watched my own father do the same.