To what extent will you help a homeless person/busker/drug addict on the street

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
It depends on the situation and the time/money I have on me. If I don't have cash but there's a ATM nearby or on my path I try to make that effort.

Same thing if they need first aid stuff or food.

Last week, as I was on my way to hop on the subway home, I saw from a distance a breh contorting itself on the ground and seemingly foaming at the mouth.

Everybody was keeping it moving including me, but I felt so heartless in the following 15 seconds that I had to go back and at least check on him.
Made me think about how much helping others is also about yourself

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Don't listen to this. Give what you wanna give. Those 5 dollars may prevent someone from getting hit in the back of the head
They may also set YOU up to get robbed.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging their existence and treating them respectfully.​

Crumple

All Star
Daps
@FreedMind here's a video about the Catacares part of my record label Cataphonic.

I've been donating 10% of my record sales to the Covenant House in Toronto for almost 17 years now.

Because I walked in there and they have free shelter, food and a high school education for the homeless youth of Toronto. I believe in that cause strongly.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’ve done everything from throwing them some change to giving them a ride. Have even shared some bud or brews at times. Was cleaning out my car at a gas station and dude walks up like “hey man you got any roaches you cleaning out of there” I gave him a good couple pieces of bud and dude broke down talmbout “are you my cousin:mjcry:…….:mjlol:

Don’t do it all the time but if i can help someone have a better day, i try to do so.

It’s better than donating to charity imo. My little bit of extra time/money can go a long way in helping an individual in a moment of need. But it wouldn’t do much for a collective of needy people :manny:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
In New York City? 0% chance, considering the mental state of the majority of them, way too dangerous.
I find those people worth helping the most. In nyc you’re often commuting by foot so you see the same people every day and get to know your neighbors. This includes the homeless. You’ll see the same homeless guys and they need assistance. Often all they want is food which is why they often hang out at the bodega entrance. Buy them a chopped cheese sandwich and they’ll be thankful. Talk to them, treat them like people, ask them their name. But if a boundary is crossed tell them that. They’ll be glad to have just someone treat them like normal.

Now homeless bugging you on the train car is something different altogether but the homeless in your hood? Help them out.

Last edited:

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Saw a lady sniping cigarettes, found it gross and degrading, told her I'd buy her some groceries and give her a ride somewhere safe if she'd stop. She accepted.
Actually let a lady come back to my suite once, so she could do laundry, get cleaned up, and sleep. She thought I was offering in exchange for sex, and was completely willing, broke down crying when I told her that wasn't the case.
And yes, I had assessed her, and made sure she didn't have any weapons, or access to any of my valuables.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Giving them food and money only exacerbates the problem. It’s like seeing a roach on the counter and leaving bread crumbs afterwards. What’s gonna happen? See this shyt daily walking to work…it’s getting pretty bad. Saw a dude chillin on a bench near where I park butt ass naked, balls hanging over the edge of the seat :skip: . Kids sometimes walk through there. Walked past a huge ass pile of bum shyt this morning on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant. Between all of this and the constant smell of bum piss every morning, something needs to change…