To those without health insurance

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Say you needed some dental surgery and didn't have dental insurance to cover the procedure.. Is there any alternative you could go with that would allow you to still have the procedure but pay monthly installments?

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
lmao get your gross ass fukked up breath and teeth outta here breh

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
go to canada or

2. Use Free or Low-Cost Dental Providers
Many dentists provide services to patients who lack insurance, and operate on a sliding scale, meaning they will set their rates according to your income.

There are several ways you can locate dentists that operate on a sliding scale. Contact your local branch of United Way, a coalition of charitable organizations that helps improve local communities. Another option is to contact your state’s dental association; their contact information may be found on the website of the American Dental Association (ADA).

If you do not locate or can’t afford a dentist who operates on a sliding scale, you may be eligible to receive service from a free medical clinic. Eligibility is generally restricted to low-income patients.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I have dental insurance now, but when I was in undergrad there was a year I didn't have coverage and I had to get a root canal; I just used Care Credit and made monthly payments. Some dentists have a set price list/sliding scale for each procedure and you can pay as you go. Others will work with you on payments; you'd just have to call around and talk to different offices to see what they have available.

You can also try dental schools; many times, they will work on you because the students need experience, and there is always licensed dentists there watching their work.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
go to canada or

2. Use Free or Low-Cost Dental Providers
Many dentists provide services to patients who lack insurance, and operate on a sliding scale, meaning they will set their rates according to your income.

There are several ways you can locate dentists that operate on a sliding scale. Contact your local branch of United Way, a coalition of charitable organizations that helps improve local communities. Another option is to contact your state’s dental association; their contact information may be found on the website of the American Dental Association (ADA).

If you do not locate or can’t afford a dentist who operates on a sliding scale, you may be eligible to receive service from a free medical clinic. Eligibility is generally restricted to low-income patients.
Thanks breh, will most defiantly check out

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have dental insurance now, but when I was in undergrad there was a year I didn't have coverage and I had to get a root canal; I just used Care Credit and made monthly payments. Some dentists have a set price list/sliding scale for each procedure and you can pay as you go. Others will work with you on payments; you'd just have to call around and talk to different offices to see what they have available.
What is care credit and do they cover dental implants?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Care Credit is basically a credit card specifically for medical procedures; it covers pretty much everything. Many, if not most, medical offices take it.
Are you automatically qualified to get one or do they do a credit check and determine how much you can use it for?

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Are you automatically qualified to get one or do they do a credit check and determine how much you can use it for?
They run a credit check; it's a medical credit card. You can use it on dental work, doctor's bills, plastic surgery, vet bills, etc. Anything medical.