To all my writers out there: second drafts are crucial

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a person thats just starting storytelling, Which do y'all prefer??? Writing a book?? or an Script?

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Script is easier to me
Never tried a book

Fair enough. I'm in the beginning stages of writing a story. I'm trying my hand with a book format first but then I considered a script because Describing every little details gets draining sometimes.

Daps
As a person thats just starting storytelling, Which do y'all prefer??? Writing a book?? or an Script?

Vastly prefer writing scripts but I've never written anything for a film, just a short audioplay and some stuff for stage plays. Writing a play right now in fact. I've written way more prose but I prefer writing dialogue.

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
...have any of y'all submitted to any screenwriting contests? if so, can you share your experiences?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
...have any of y'all submitted to any screenwriting contests? if so, can you share your experiences?
Make sure you have the utmost confidence in your work, did multiple drafts/rewrites, and had others read your work.

I submitted my first screenplay this year (prior 2 years were a pilot) and didn't make it to the next round. BUT it did force me to change my script, even without feedback from the contests, and I think it's a much better story now. Let's see what others think when I finally put it out (hopefully before 2022 ends).

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone have any website, books, or videos that give you information on how to write a script? I've got some ideas and some free time so why not. I just googles some sites but I don't want to find out down the road I've been doing something the wrong way. This isn't something I learned how to do in school or college.

I just started reading through r/screenwriting. I'll continue looking there over the next couple days.

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
Make sure you have the utmost confidence in your work, did multiple drafts/rewrites, and had others read your work.

I submitted my first screenplay this year (prior 2 years were a pilot) and didn't make it to the next round. BUT it did force me to change my script, even without feedback from the contests, and I think it's a much better story now. Let's see what others think when I finally put it out (hopefully before 2022 ends).
...did you resubmit and place in the contest?