Tips to help you lose weight

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I dont know if this should be in the gym or not but this is a thread to throw out tips to anyone trying to lose weight from people whove gone through it.

I'm about 6 ft i weighed 285lbs when i started losing weight i'm now 208 (checked the scale today) and been holding, in the 210-220 range for 3 years. So heres a few tips that helped or i learned through the experience.

I would try to get to my goal weight before slipping up on my diet because once you slip up it could tend to snowball a bit. This is not really realistic so if or when you do slip up get right back on after that meal dont just go "oh this will be a lost day or ive been bad its a lost week" get right back into the mentality the moment you slip up.

Set a max weight you could get to for instance i always said 280 was my max for fear of hitting 300lbs but when i got to 260 it became 270 when i was 250 it was only acceptable in my mind to get back to 260 before i said thats enough. So basically as you lose lower your max weight your comfortable gaining to.

Find a regime that fits you dont just go in thinking oh well if i eat less and eat healthier i got this. Get on a program that gives you the archetype for what you need to do. For me it was weight watchers it ringed a bell with me it might not for you find the one that works for you.

Realize this is not really a diet it's a change in your way of life for good. Dont look at it as oh i'm dieting till i reach this point your never really getting off your diet. My grandma was over for mothers day and was wondering why i was still watching i had to explain to her i have to watch for the rest of my life or else go back up in weight. Sure you can cheat a lot more then when you were in the process of losing but still your still always watching.

Cook as much as your allowed to have dont cook over that amount because you will be enticed to eat it more so then if you have to cook more.

Hopefully some of those tips can help anyone who is trying to lose weight but at the end of the day the biggest thing is you got to want it i failed many times before but the one time it worked it just clicked so easy because i really wanted it.

CrossBones

Louder than words
Daps
Reppin
Vice City
for an easy way to lose weight stick to smaller portions of leaner meat, and more vegetables. smaller portions is key for a lot of people. I did that with my old lady and more than anything, watch your portions. even if you don't exercise like that everyday, if you cut your intake you doing like half the work already.

prepare your portions ahead of time you won't overeat. drink water. stick to what you put on your plate and don't fill it up too much. and never go back for seconds. no more than the size of two fists on the plate. you don't eat until you're full, you eat until you're not hungry anymore. from then, you know stick to fresh foods and no more junk food snacks. at all. you'll actually lose the taste for processed foods after a while.

CrossBones

Louder than words
Daps
Reppin
Vice City
also, people like to say that eating healthy is expensive, well even more reason to do it and cut out all those crap cookies and junk foods. you actually will eat less, and get better buying the good stuff. the more fresh foods you eat after about two weeks you get used to that. you really won't have the urge to be eating fast food on the go. prepare yourself some lean sandwiches, salads, soups, etc in decent portions. get fruits for snacks, they're good for the summertime cause the juices and sugars are natural and replenish you. you going to lose weight in no time. double it with cardio and you will see the difference.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I was talkin more a long the lines of the mentality you have to have for it to be successful. I think every fat person knows they should cut calories.

Crossbones brought up a good point you cant keep the mind state of eating till your full. For a while in your mind you'll feel like your still hungry but you really dont need it. I found a good way to deal with that was to look at it as if it was pain that you just had to fight through.