Tips for Power Cleans

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
So I'm at the Gym today doing Power Cleans and after my second set of 7 I almost pass the fukk out. I'm new to doing it so I was wondering is it bc I was dehydrated bc I didn't drink my gallon of water yesterday, or bc I didn't eat enough so my body didn't have the fuel needed or is it due to breathing I was rushing the exercise so my breathing was off. Brehs that power clean give a breh new to this exc3rcise some tips.

@krackdagawd
@semtex @Malta

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you do any warm up sets? Might help prepare the body for the working sets.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
So I'm at the Gym today doing Power Cleans and after my second set of 7 I almost pass the fukk out. I'm new to doing it so I was wondering is it bc I was dehydrated bc I didn't drink my gallon of water yesterday, or bc I didn't eat enough so my body didn't have the fuel needed or is it due to breathing I was rushing the exercise so my breathing was off. Brehs that power clean give a breh new to this exc3rcise some tips.

@krackdagawd
@semtex @Malta

you already answered your question. not breathing...not enough fluid....not enough fuel and at the same time trying to do too much aka overexertion.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
It's prob cause you're doing sets of 7 on something that people generally dont do for more than 3 reps.
:ohhh:

I thought I was building myself up by doing low weight and high reps before I go heavy. Pretty much Practicing the form right so I don't get injured. What would you suggest, just do reps of 3

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
:ohhh:

I thought I was building myself up by doing low weight and high reps before I go heavy. Pretty much Practicing the form right so I don't get injured. What would you suggest, just do reps of 3

since you are practicing form then i guess ok. I would suggest using just the bar if thats all you're doing.

but if you didn't know already power cleans (like dead lifts) are exercises typically performed to build maximum strength not really an endurance exercise . so you wanna do close to or max weight when you do them. if you can do more than 3 reps, then you can probably go heavier.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
since you are practicing form then i guess ok. I would suggest using just the bar if thats all you're doing.

but if you didn't know already power cleans (like dead lifts) are exercises typically performed to build maximum strength not really an endurance exercise . so you wanna do close to or max weight when you do them. if you can do more than 3 reps, then you can probably go heavier.
I will be honest breh I did not know that, I was doing 3 set of 7 at 135. So Next week I will try to go up in weight, I think I got the form pretty close to right if not right. thanks breh.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Man, i tried some of these yesterday and my form was garbage, stopped doing them so I didn't hurt myself