Throwback recommendations for emulator - Games that you played eons ago and recommend

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Emulation is great because it allows many of us to play games that are no longer available for free.

It's a great opportunity to discover or rediscover childhood games that we remember fondly or barely reminisce. It also makes it possible to catch up on things we missed a long time ago!

Use this thread to recommend games that you had fun with, and think others might appreciate too.

No need to share emulating links in case the bot of an overzealous publishing company unleashes its wrath on the Coli. I think the reference should be just enough.

I'll start with Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure:

Dragon_Ball_Advanced_Adventure.jpg

This game was amazing for me and it still holds to this day. It traces Goku's adventures from the beginning, throughout the entirety of the original Dragon Ball series up until his victory over King Piccolo.

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

It plays mainly as side scroller and has everything you could expect from Dragon Ball: many moves for Goku, special techniques, classic enemies and items... But above all, it exudes the soul of Dragon Ball, from the humorous animations and quirky characters, to the varied environments to explore and the exciting soundtrack and sound design. The levels offer to be explored and contain secrets that fit the universe, some of which allow you to upgrade Goku's abilities. There's a specific mode for the Martial Arts Tournament where the fighting gameplay changes drastically, for the better. There's also a separate mode that allows you to play as other characters, but in my memories, it needed to be unlocked after finishing the main campaign.

Fun from A to Z.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There’s a SNES game called Taekwondo I’ve recently been playing. Was a Japanese only release, but theres a nice FAQ available on Gamefaqs.

Game is dope as hell. Even has a little create a character story mode.

Front Mission Gun Hazard is another JP gem. This one has a English patch as well. Dope side scrolling mech game with some nice customization

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
These are rom hacks but

Mario 3mix
Super Mario world 25th anniversary

Both excellent hacks and not in the vain of making it super hard..they're generally on par with the base Mario 3/world games

Adventure island 4
Sweet home

Those were translations cause they were stuck in Japan