[THR] Matt Reeves is meeting with writers and directors for movies focused on Batman's Rogue Gallery (Scarecrow, Clayface, Professor Pyg mentioned)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Meanwhile, in Gotham City, filmmaker Reeves is quietly making his own expansion plans. Reeves is developing a sequel to his The Batman, which grossed a respectable $770.8 million worldwide when it was released in March. Already, a series spinoff focusing on Colin Farrell's Penguin is on its way to filming next year. But Reeves is plotting more. The filmmaker is meeting with writers and directors to build out movies — yes movies, not just series — focused on Batman rogue's gallery, both established and more obscure, with characters ranging from the Scarecrow to Clayface to Professor Pyg. All those projects are in the very early stages of gestation.

:patrice:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All those characters could work
Naw.. this suppose to be another universe set with realism similar to the Nolan films..

How would Clayface work in that setting?

That’s why I hate when film makers try to limit their creativity by making stuff super grounded.. ppl like Clayface and Poison Ivy don’t work in that setting

They should do an 8 episode series on Scarface and the ventriloquist tho.. that character would shine with the right person

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
You sure? I could’ve swore he said that when they were talking about The Batman
You're not wrong
Speaking to Collider, it’s clear Reeves is only really interested in exploring the more “grounded” parts of Batman and leaving the more ridiculous things to the comic books.

“In my view, I just feel drawn to finding the grounded version of everything,” said Reeves. “So to me, it would be a challenge in an interesting way to try and figure out how that could happen, even the idea of something like Mr. Freeze, that such a great story, right? I think there’s actually a grounded version of that story, which could be really powerful and could be really great.”

He continued, “So, I love the fantastical side of Batman, but this iteration, obviously, while being, to me, I think it is very comics faithful, but I don’t think that this one is necessarily, it doesn’t lean as hard into the fantastical, I guess. But I think to me what would be interesting would be to try and unwind the fantastical and see, well, how could that make sense here? And so that’s kind of my view, how I see it."

Matt Reeves Is Avoiding The “Fantastical” Side Of Batman & Would Potentially Use A “Grounded” Mr. Freeze In A Sequel

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You're not wrong

you not bolding this part..

".. it doesn’t lean as hard into the fantastical, I guess. But I think to me what would be interesting would be to try and unwind the fantastical and see, well, how could that make sense here? And so that’s kind of my view, how I see it."

That means he's not against it... there's not gonna be no Batman Forever or Batman & Robin sh-t.. but he's open to some things..

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Scarecrow to Clayface to Professor Pyg? It’s like Reeves did a recent playthrough of Rocksteady’s Arkham games and double down’d on giving these villains the big screen shine. Wouldn’t feel out of place either with how low-key fantastical his Gotham felt.:wow: