Thoughts on the D.C./Marvel Amalgam Comics?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
1080341-amalgam_poster_perfect.jpg

I read these some years back and enjoyed them. I thought it was a fresh, new twist on characters. The combos were great too.

For cats reading comics at the time of the release, was everyone :gladbron:? How were the reactions after the comics dropped?

2-Digit

All Star
Daps
I was probably about 12 or 13 when this came out. The Marvel vs D.C. story as a standalone was alright. This merging of the comics to create these characters was a money grab that failed. I read a couple of the merged comic titles and for the most part they were all corny af

Tl;dr - no one was hyped for this shyt

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Some were fun, some were terrible or boring. Problem is, they were all one-shots being treated like we already knew what the fukk was going on, dropping us into the middle of story arcs and shyt.

I remember the second wave of them not being received as well.

Someday, it would be good to see Marvel & DC play nice to reissue these stories or do a third wave of them.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
fukk all the haters. amalgam was and forever be my shyt. i went to multiple bookstores to pick up the comics, and i wish marvel and dc would pull their heads from their asses so we could have something like this again. if not at least jlavengers

I read these some years back and enjoyed them. I thought it was a fresh, new twist on characters. The combos were great too.

For cats reading comics at the time of the release, was everyone :gladbron:? How were the reactions after the comics dropped?

at school, the only one that didnt go over well was challengers of the fantastic because noone knew who the challengers of the unknown were. people loved spider boy and lobo the duck as well as every x related book. i had most of them that i was aware of except for thorion and the metal men books

Last edited: