Thoughts on roku tv

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Recently bought and setup a Roku stick for someone wanting to run Netflix. fukkers make you add a credit card regardless when you set up and account. :scust:

From what I read neither the Chromecast or Firestick hits you with that shyt. So do a bit of research if you aren't keen on adding cards to use products that are free.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Other than it not being "name brand" what is wrong with tcl?

:what:

Why would you buy an off brand electronic. Especially in this day and age where tvs are cheap as shyt. Is $100-200 that much to you that you can't step up to you a decent brand like samsung or LG?

Sharp is a okay brand and the automatic link showed TCL. Do yourself a favor and get a better brand. The quality will be a step up for sure.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
:what:

Why would you buy an off brand electronic. Especially in this day and age where tvs are cheap as shyt. Is $100-200 that much to you that you can't step up to you a decent brand like samsung or LG?

Sharp is a okay brand and the automatic link showed TCL. Do yourself a favor and get a better brand. The quality will be a step up for sure.
I asked other than brand and u went on about the brand :heh:
Just cause it's not name brand doesn't mean it's automatically low quality
Apparently tcl is a major brand overseas

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
I asked other than brand and u went on about the brand :heh:
Just cause it's not name brand doesn't mean it's automatically low quality
Apparently tcl is a major brand overseas

I listed other things. If you don't believe me then go in stores and see for yourself. and it is low quality. :snoop: just because you don't want to belive it doesn't mean it isn't true. No one is telling you to go buy a $2000 4K. If you want to be cheap then be cheap. Don't be mad when you get actual opinions.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
TCL Roku UHD 4K 120hz are getting great reviews and are all under $400 at walmart.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Roger that. My parents bought one (65") and had to send it back. Thank God for Amazon's return policies, and even THAT was a bytch.

I listed other things. If you don't believe me then go in stores and see for yourself. and it is low quality. :snoop:

Also true. It looked and sounded impressive to us until my parents sent it back and got a Sony. Difference was night and day. I'll put it like this - a TCL is good *enough*. It would be fine as my backup TV in my music room or something. But for the main room? Spend a little extra and get a real TV.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
So I have a situation with my bedroom Insignia Roku TV

With Youtube and a few other apps, I don't get the option of choosing 60fps when messing with quality settings. 1080p down to 240p is all there, but no 60fps options at all. Went thru TV setting and couldn't find anything...also can't find many solutions on the net either

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Recently bought and setup a Roku stick for someone wanting to run Netflix. fukkers make you add a credit card regardless when you set up and account. :scust:

From what I read neither the Chromecast or Firestick hits you with that shyt. So do a bit of research if you aren't keen on adding cards to use products that are free.
You can skip adding a credit card.

My issue is Roku doesn't partner with any top tier brands to make TVs. I'd suggest adding a Roku separate and going with a solid brand like Sony, LG (OLED only) , or Samsung.