This latest Windows 10 features update (1709) bricked my desktop, man, help

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Da hell is going on? Did anyone else have this? Tried reinstalling from scratch but still not starting up after installation

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
We need more info than that.

Did you try booting in safemode to rollback and restore your system?

If it's not booting have you tried replacing your primary hard drive with another primary hard drive from another PC to see if it is just your harddrive playing up? That way you could have troubleshooted without wiping your hard drive clean for a clean install which is 80% of the time not necessary.

Replace the PSU to see if that is at fault?

Check to see if your cooling or chassis fans have malfunctioned? by booting into the black screen which doesn't need the an OS to work.

The final way that worked for me was to install Windows 7/8/8.1/10 on a USB then once booting from a USB gives you access to anything that's not encrypted since you'll be using your harddrive as a secondary storage device. Then you can backup your files.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
computer+toss.gif

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
We need more info than that.

Did you try booting in safemode to rollback and restore your system?

If it's not booting have you tried replacing your primary hard drive with another primary hard drive from another PC to see if it is just your harddrive playing up? That way you could have troubleshooted without wiping your hard drive clean for a clean install which is 80% of the time not necessary.

Replace the PSU to see if that is at fault?

Check to see if your cooling or chassis fans have malfunctioned? by booting into the black screen which doesn't need the an OS to work.

The final way that worked for me was to install Windows 7/8/8.1/10 on a USB then once booting from a USB gives you access to anything that's not encrypted since you'll be using your harddrive as a secondary storage device. Then you can backup your files.
Bro, I can’t rollback because I did a clean update off a USB. I can install and boot if I disconnect the ethernet cable, but when it downloads drivers and restarts it just won’t go past the “Select Del or F2 to Enter BIOS” page. Would you happen to have a copy of the 1703 build (creator’s update) ISO?

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Bro, I can’t rollback because I did a clean update off a USB. I can install and boot if I disconnect the ethernet cable, but when it downloads drivers and restarts it just won’t go past the “Select Del or F2 to Enter BIOS” page. Would you happen to have a copy of the 1703 build (creator’s update) ISO?

:ohhh: