This is sad.... JCpenney in Manhattan Mall and Kings Plaza to close for good.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Bankrupt JCPenney is closing two high-profile New York City stores — at Manhattan Mall in midtown Manhattan and Kings Plaza in Brooklyn.

The Manhattan Mall store — which had once been a key part of the retailer’s strategy to become a more competitive fashion player — is closed and will not reopen

The Kings Plaza unit has reopened, and will permanently shutter on Sept. 27. A liquidation sale will likely begin at that location next week, the company said late today.

In its statement, JCPenney listed 17 stores that will remain operable across the New York City area — and in nearby New Jersey.

The retailer had previously announced plans to exit 154 of its roughly 850 stores this summer; closures are currently underway at over 130 outposts, with more doors to be closed in phases. At other locations, liquidation sales are scheduled to begin July 7 and run through the end of September.

JCPenney is approaching a July 8 deadline to submit its business plan, which must be approved by lenders by July 15. When it filed for Chapter 11 protection in May, JCPenney planned to separate its real estate and operating business into two separate companies, in a so-called “prop co/op co” structure. Through this split, the “prop co” would be a public real estate investment trust owned by first-lien lenders; JCPenney is exploring the sale of the entire business to a score of potential investors.

JCPenney must decide by July 8 if it will make a second draw on in debtor-in-possession financing. The company received court approval for a $900 million DIP package in June, including $450 million in new money. If it separates the real estate business, the retailer will be able to draw down the full $225 million in remaining DIP funds. If it chooses to sell its entire business, JCPenney will be able to draw down $50 million of the remaining funds

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

---------------------------------------

Canada Goose

Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
This is :mjcry: to personally.. seems like all my favorite stores are dropping like flies, JCpenney :dead: Modells :dead: only stores left is Old Navy and Target :damn:

IDK what I'd do if Old Navy went out of business :sadcam:

Macy's is too expensive for me personally, if price wasn't an issue I would just shop there in place of JCpenney :pachaha:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
This is :mjcry: to personally.. seems like all my favorite stores are dropping like flies, JCpenney :dead: Modells :dead: only stores left is Old Navy and Target :damn:

Macy's is too expensive for me personally, if price wasn't an issue I would just shop there in place of JCpenney :pachaha:

You left out Dr Jays

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

If Jimmy Jazz and Hyperactive closes.

:lupe:

Canada Goose

Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
You left out Dr Jays
ehh, Dr Jays, Jimmy Jazz and Champ sports are all interchangeable to me :mjlol:

Still I don't none of those stores to go out of business :whoa:

Crazy I use window shop regularly in Jimmy Jazz as a kid, now that I have a few dollars as an adult I have yet to buy anything from Jimmy Jazz.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Kings Plaza? :patrice:

Just needed a reason to post this :lolbron:

IMG-6489001.jpg