This is Confederate Heritage and History Month

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you think having pride in the Confederate flag makes you a racist? Or does it mean that you take pride in being apart of the south and don't like the north? How does that work? Because from a southerner (Texan) a lady approached him (I'm in the northwest) and said that his t shirt offended her (they're both white) and in return he was offended because she called him a racist and he said that he wasn't and had black Texan friends who were confederate flag shirts as well and that it's not a flag celebrating racism but instead celebrating the south.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Congratulations to the Confederacy for being the first part of the US to have had ever lost a war. :salute:

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
I was raised to associate the south with so many negative qualities. I grew up to confirm them :heh:. The south is what holds the rest of the U.S. back.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
fukk them racist muhfukkas, we see that shirt n we jump em off the bat.

them: heritage over hate!

me: u gone learn today!

them: :bryan: please dont rob me!

me: ** laughs like billy dee williams, then walk off, with shyt shirt in tow**

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you think having pride in the Confederate flag makes you a racist? Or does it mean that you take pride in being apart of the south and don't like the north? How does that work? Because from a southerner (Texan) a lady approached him (I'm in the northwest) and said that his t shirt offended her (they're both white) and in return he was offended because she called him a racist and he said that he wasn't and had black Texan friends who were confederate flag shirts as well and that it's not a flag celebrating racism but instead celebrating the south.

I always thought it was about race. Always.

A guy ended up telling a friend of mine that it wasn't about race.

Now that I am older and think about it, I highly doubt Lincoln went to war because he couldn't sleep over the fact that black people were slaves. :usure:

Lincoln didn't sentence many a white man to death just to have slaves freed. LOL

I have not delved into the alternate history of it, but I believe there is a long and complicated backstory that you will never learn in school.

Years from now textbooks will write that the Iraq war was fought because of 1. Terrorism 2. WMD 3. To Spread Freedom and Democracy. Then there is the truth that will never be written. LOL

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always thought it was about race. Always.

A guy ended up telling a friend of mine that it wasn't about race.

Now that I am older and think about it, I highly doubt Lincoln went to war because he couldn't sleep over the fact that black people were slaves. :usure:

Lincoln didn't sentence many a white man to death just to have slaves freed. LOL

I have not delved into the alternate history of it, but I believe there is a long and complicated backstory that you will never learn in school.

Years from now textbooks will write that the Iraq war was fought because of 1. Terrorism 2. WMD 3. To Spread Freedom and Democracy. Then there is the truth that will never be written. LOL

Well that's the thing, Lincoln didn't free the slaves because he felt it were right, he freed them for political favoritism.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

They know what the history is about. It's straight racist. The problem is you got dumb ass nikkas trying to be different wearing confederate flags getting laughed it. This is what the VP of the Confederacy, Alexander Stephens had to say during his Cornerstone Speech:

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away... Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."

Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition.

Well that's the thing, Lincoln didn't free the slaves because he felt it were right, he freed them for political favoritism.

It wasn't about political favoritism. It was about the South having all of the economic power due to slavery. This is what Lincoln said about specifically about slavery weeks before signing the Emancipation Proclamation:

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views. I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men everywhere could be free.[17]

Some of y'all nikkas need to read a damn book :snoop:

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana

Stop it.

Its celebrating a rougue state, that waged war and attempted to secede from the US.