Thinking of switching from iOS back to Android after a few years on iOS...some Qs [no stans please]

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking for honest, non-stan opinions on the performance of Android vs. iOS these days in the wake of the iPhone announcement.

I have a 6 and I'm debating a soft upgrade to a 7...then upgrading to the next X in '18 once the design / touchID is worked out. Alternative is giving Android another shot after a few years on iOS as the S8 and V30 look great (also open to other phones).

Back in the day (like 7 years ago) I had an HTC Android and then the Galaxy Nexus. Ended up switching to iOS and haven't looked back as the difference in performance / reliability was huge (iOS felt so smooth by comparison...much less "glitchy" and hung way less).

I'm not a power phone user by any means anymore...I just want my shyt to work smoothly, and get calls, navigation, texting, and app switching / user interface done without a hitch or any glitchiness. These were all areas that felt lacking a few years ago on Android.

So, is Android there? Or does it suffer the same issues? Would love to hear from brehs who are unbiased and have switched between the two or use both pretty regularly.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I say this as a Goog set member, stick with iPhone. 7 years in iOS, probably not worth it at this point.