Thinking of getting some workout equipment for home - advice needed

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
What would be the best stuff to get for a relatively compact home workout tools?

I'm thinking of getting dumbells or some shyt but idk what to do though. Should i get one of those powerblock joints that change weight? Should i get one that allows me to stack weights? Should i just get w/e number dumbell weight i can handle and just get the next number number after a couple weeks?

Should i consider getting anything else? I don't have space to store something huge but maybe something else would be helpful idk.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What would be the best stuff to get for a relatively compact home workout tools?

I'm thinking of getting dumbells or some shyt but idk what to do though. Should i get one of those powerblock joints that change weight? Should i get one that allows me to stack weights? Should i just get w/e number dumbell weight i can handle and just get the next number number after a couple weeks?

Should i consider getting anything else? I don't have space to store something huge but maybe something else would be helpful idk.
51o0MgobUxL._SX383_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Men's Health Home Workout Bible

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
In terms of space i have an empty room and budget would be a few hundred

Ill check out the Book too

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I could measure it but i'm pretty sure its in between 7-8 feet. Its definitely wider than it is tall

If you have very high ceilings....I'd recommend you spend part of your budget on a decent power tower

images

Depending on the clearance of the ceiling , your height and your weight, this is one of the best home gym purchases you can make. Just a versatile piece of equipment.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
If you have very high ceilings....I'd recommend you spend part of your budget on a decent power tower

images

Depending on the clearance of the ceiling , your height and your weight, this is one of the best home gym purchases you can make. Just a versatile piece of equipment.

Thanks breh I'll look into it

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
Believe it or not. You only really need 3 basic things to build a decent home gym. Dumbbells, a pull up bar, and an adjustable bench. I would personally go with Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells which are these:

Quick-Lock Adjustable Dumbbell System 75 lb Set | Ironmaster

You could also go the powerblock route:

I've owned both and they both have their pros and cons. At the end of the day, I sold the powerblocks and kept the Ironmasters. My wife uses the Bowflex 552 but I wouldn't recommend you to get those since you could outgrow them easily.

The Ironmasters can be expanded to 160# and the Powerblocks can be expanded to 120# as long as you buy the right set. For the bench, you could get any highly rated bench on Amazon or check craigslist. I have a Marcy bench that does the job but if you have the cash, go for the Ironmaster bench.

Adjustable Weight Bench System & Attachments - Ironmaster

It's expensive at $320 but you can expand with with tons of accessories like a pull-up bar and a dip station.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Yall have no faith :dead:
I'm about to get either an ironmaster or powerblock and a bench tomorrow. I'll be in shape like the rest of the gym brehs in no time :win:

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
Make sure you read up on whatever you buy unless you get a really good deal. Check OfferUp, letsgo, and Craigslist. I got my ironmaster set with the stand and 120# upgrade for $450 off of Craigslist

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Yall have no faith :dead:
I'm about to get either an ironmaster or powerblock and a bench tomorrow. I'll be in shape like the rest of the gym brehs in no time :win:

Have you ever been to the gym for an extended amount of time? I'm talking at least 9 months.

If not then you don't really know what routines work best for you. You should get a gym membership first imo

I bought an old elliptical from a gym that went out of business when I first started working out and 2 years later it turned into a clothes hanger cuz I discovered better ways to do my cardio

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Have you ever been to the gym for an extended amount of time? I'm talking at least 9 months.

If not then you don't really know what routines work best for you. You should get a gym membership first imo

I bought an old elliptical from a gym that went out of business when I first started working out and 2 years later it turned into a clothes hanger cuz I discovered better ways to do my cardio

I have been a frequent gym goer at one point and wouldnt mind love to go back to a gym but i work out of town and the gym near me opens after i leave and closes 1-2 hours after i get back. Im far from the 24 hour joints too :mjcry: which is why i am planning on a workaround for those days

I could go to a gym on my days off i guess