They need to complete the trilogy and deliver the sequel to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Daps
Not sure why this was in my backlog, since I'm a huge fan of the series, playing the classic first installment in 2000, its lesser received but still enjoyable sequel Invisible War, and the most recent entries Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I think I was just distracted the criticisms leveled against Mankind Divided, letting them cloud my ability to give it a neutral and unbiased appraisal. Well, I've since spent the past week working my way through the game, starting from scratch on Monday and ending up on the London level last night.

All I can say is :whew:. This game is underrated as fukk. The density of the city, with its architectural design and the various systems driving the immersion, is making this one of the best games I've played in some time. There's some much going on, so many choices at your disposal, a level of freedom - from your build to the narrative path you take and how you approach each situation - that was sorely missed in more critically acclaimed efforts like RDR2 and GoW. This London level is just so impressive in its layout, placing Jensen in a near impossible scenario from which he is forced to reach an outcome that will almost assuredly be less than bittersweet.

I'm at the boss fight with Marchenko. I've been spoiled and know the game supposedly ends on a cliffhanger (please don't spoil what it is, since I'm only now facing Marchenko) that left many panning the game for being too short and almost half baked, but I don't agree with those criticisms at all. I WISH more games had this level of depth. I've put in around 18 hours, which is more than satisfactory for a game of this sort, and I'm sure that there's a lot I've missed.

I've read the New Game Plus mode is dope, so I'm looking forward to giving it a spin this weekend. I know the team has said the story is not over, but the game seems to be on ice for the time being. Let's hope Square, who has released some absolute duds of late, gives them a chance to finish their story and release the third component of this trilogy. There's still so much left unresolved. :francis:

Imagine if Arkane had a shot at the license. :banderas: If Cyberpunk 2077 is like this, but on a much grander scale, I will probably have to take a month off work. :pachaha:

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I fell in love with the deus ex series when I played Human revolution...:ohlawd: the story and backdrop was amazing, my only gripe is that the worlds are hubs... it's real disappointing when they can be so much bigger... I mean look at the new hitman games...:picard: those levels are ridiculous...

Amazing Game and story....:ohlawd::noah: I truly hope the main character can defeat them or at least cripple and expose them...

Daps
I fell in love with the deus ex series when I played Human revolution...:ohlawd: the story and backdrop was amazing, my only gripe is that the worlds are hubs... it's real disappointing when they can be so much bigger... I mean look at the new hitman games...:picard: those levels are ridiculous...

Amazing Game and story....:ohlawd::noah: I truly hope the main character can defeat them or at least cripple and expose them...

I'd even take a remake or remaster of Deus Ex: HR. Played that shyt so many times. :banderas:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Mankind Divided was solid but ultimately forgettable. Aside from a new location and setup, the game added nothing to the formula

I agree though. The franchise itself deserves much more attention and sadly I doubt we'll see another one anytime soon....

The first DX is Top 10 DOA for me

Last edited:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Man this game is the bomb! You actually have to think to play it...you try that Call of Duty crap and you’re dead right away.