They chanted "GO BACK TO TARGET!"*filed and SADLY UNDERSTOOD*

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It is true tragedy when a man holds salvation in his hand but is too blind to see it. Too bad that doesn't have a place in this scenario:laugh:
8. Shane Douglas beat 2 Cold Scorpio. It was 11 p.m. and people started chanting to end the show. Douglas, who worked in a shirt, had gained a lot of weight and could barely move, and was showered with chants of “Go back to Target,”:manny: “Refund,” “fukk you Shane,” and “Eat a salad.” I’d have never expected that at a reunion show. Hard to know what happened. At the 2005 show, which everyone raved about, I saw the tape and the matches weren’t anything special, but the crowd made it a great show anyway. This time, years later, everyone older, and twice as many people there, and you’d think they would cut guys slack, but they completely turned on most of the show. Douglas said that unlike the jackasses who lie to their fans, he’s going to shoot, and said Sabu was found unresponsive in his hotel room and how ECW never gave their fans bullshyt stories. He said he was rushed to the hospital and they don’t know anything more. He talked about the Triple Threat era (he, Bam Bam Bigelow and Chris Candido, he being the only one still alive). Then he brought up the night he threw down the NWA world title belt and created the ECW world title in 1993, and mentioned his opponent in the tournament final was Too Cold Scorpio. He challenged Scorpio to come out and sub for Sabu. Scorpio came out with Bill Alfonso (originally booked to be Sabu’s manager). The crowd hated the match, chanting all kinds of negative things including “Just retire” (more at Douglas than Scorpio). A masked man came out and threw the ref into the post. Douglas seemed to know the guy, and pointed at him to attack Scorpio. But instead he attacked Douglas, and then unmasked, revealing Kevin Sullivan (who had not been advertised). Sullivan was in ECW during the early days but was never really thought of as an ECW guy since he was booking in WCW during the Monday Night Wars. Scorpio did a splash off the top but Douglas kicked out. Scorpio did the tumbleweed, a full flip into a legdrop for a near fall and Douglas kicked out again. Crowd really turned on that, chanting “fukk you Shane.” Then another masked man ran in, unmasked as Tod Gordon and hugged Scorpio. This distracted Scorpio so Douglas won with a sunset flip. Crowd was furious when it was over. They announced a return date for 6/30 in the same building. People were furious leaving, but even if it was a great show and they were happy, there’s a reason that after your 15th year reunion, you don’t have another one two months later.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
harsh-layer-style.jpg

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
Why the fukk is Shane still reminiscing about being hooked on painkillers and not having health insurance?

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
Shane Douglas...... the lead candidate for the 2012 Randy "The Ram" Anderson award

Karamellion

Shucks It's Crazy
Daps
Reppin
Gizzy, Aotearoa
It seems like these guys have an extreme reunion every second month. It worked in 05 at ONS (and to a lesser extent the original Extreme Reunion) because the guys could still go.

Nobody wants to see Shane Douglas in 2012. shyt TNA won't even touch him and they're still holding onto Meth Harvey

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I never took ECW serious in the least until I heard the crowd chanting for RVD in 2001 at Invasion. Shane Douglass didn't mean jack shyt to me until I heard the heel promo when he won the belt.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
"Because I am not the man who accepts a torch to be handed down to me from an organization that died-- RIP-- seven years ago." :whistle:

Had a spark when you started........