These non-stop tournament matches have been killing WWE for me

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It started right before WM, qualifying tag team tourney match ups, qualifying this, qualifying that, then the KOTR tourney matches.

I haven't watched a full show since WM bc these matches are so pointless and boring. It's lazy booking and I don't remember it being this prevalent before

:manny: Hope this mess is over with.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I don't get how you can say it's pointless if there's a means to an end. Gunther & Nia winning KOTR just got them summerslam title matches.

Collision/Rampage are shows filled with matches I would consider pointless.

Now if you want to say Raw is boring i'll agree with you but it's because of the wack ass roster to me.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
To be honest, there shouldn't really be tournaments unless it is KOTR/QOTR or a title was unexpectedly introduced or vacated.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
:gucci: They only had one tournament since Wrestlemania

God forbid you actually have to earn something or fight for the right to earn it:unimpressed:

Take it up with the other company that has random ass Eliminator matches with people who doesn’t deserve them with no story:camby:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
:dahell: This is lowkey a wild take

I don't mind them booking it like an actual competition at all; not every title match has to be dudes tryna kill each other cause of some petty slight in a promo or some shyt

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
How can a tournament be pointless when the point of it is to crown a champion or the #1 contender for a championship?

Though I can certainly understand if you think there is a better way to crown a #1 contender than a tournament.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
How can a tournament be pointless when the point of it is to crown a champion or the #1 contender for a championship?

Though I can certainly understand if you think there is a better way to crown a #1 contender than a tournament.

What I've gathered from @jadillac's post is that he considers it overdone and the easy way out/lazy booking as opposed to merely identifying the next person up and pushing them with wins and a dedicated story that ends with them challenging/winning the title.

TL;DR - wins and losses should matter in general, and not just when WWE explicilty states they should. If the bolded is his sentiment, then I can agree :ehh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
What I've gathered from @jadillac's post is that he considers it overdone and the easy way out/lazy booking as opposed to merely identifying the next person up and pushing them with wins and a dedicated story that ends with them challenging/winning the title.

TL;DR - wins and losses should matter in general, and not just when WWE explicilty states they should. If the bolded is his sentiment, then I can agree :ehh:

This.

I don't mind #1 contender qualifying matches with maybe a couple of matches. But these tag team tourney and even KOTR matches are just over done and it's an easy way to fill tv time for an a entire month, rather than developing storylines

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Yeah, this doesnt make sense at all to me. If a tournament is done right, this is the BEST way to start rivalries. Tournament is more authentic. Also, it gets more people on TV, and more people in the mind of fans.

Just in the KoTR, now you have Dragunov and Ricochet on each other's radar, Drag and Jey Uso can run it back. Gunther and Orton can run it back. Carmelo can say he almost had Orton and wants another shot.

The old way is/was: as soon as a PPV ended, on the next fallout show, someone is doing an interview or talking in the ring, and someone just walks out to interrupt, saying they want a shot at the title. Never had any interaction. Never crossed paths. Guess they are the new contender now. That makes less sense.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
They have those tourneys because they need to fill tv time. Especially considering when they don't have enough stories to go around for their entire roster. Tourneys can be good if done right and with interesting matchups. Not every match is pointless. Depends on what they do with it. Not every wrestler gonna be involved in an interesting storyline. Only a few usually are. Tourneys are good to showcase the wrestling. Need a good mix of both wrestling and stories.