“There will end up being three or four streaming platforms and everybody else gets hollowed out and acquired,”

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
“There will be Apple, Amazon, Netflix and one other. If you could put NBCUniversal, Warners and Paramount together, you probably have enough to survive.” (The feds might have something to say about any version of that potential combination.) If Iger sees the world the same way, finding a home for Disney could be a temptation

A Disney Sale to Apple? Don’t Count It Out This Time

That would be a monopoly but interesting, would they still charge astronomical rates?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
In general, Netflix had enough of a lead to stay in front. Amazon was actually early to the dance but their edge is that Prime has value even without the video part. So people will have it for the shipping purpose and go ahead and use the streaming. Apple is Apple. Their stans are the definition of loyal.

I can see a Cable/Satellite TV provider who can offer live TV channels filling up the final slot. They just gotta come to Jesus and realize that $200 per month price point will not work in the long term. The people who will accept that are dying off. These new niqqas need that $9.99 .. cause they could just Straw Hat that shyt if it gets too funky price wise.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
disney so fukking stupid with the content they got... smh.. u make it a price people cant refuse..no commercials.. u take market share.. merge Hulu into it somehow (who cares if its a bit more edgy)/ pull ur content off the other services.. and focus on gaining market share..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think Apple is going to "buy" the entire Disney corporation. What would they even do with the theme parks. I think they are more interested in partnering up in someway or maybe purchasing some of the assets Disney has been shopping around like ESPN or it's other cable channels.

I DO think Warner Bros. Discovery is going to merge again with NBC/Universal being the likely partner. Whether the government allows that merger to happen or not who knows but I think they will try.

Amazon and Apple should be able to stick around if they choose to, they have the cash to withstand their current losses in the space. Amazon blew billions on the Lord of the Rings and it didn't make any real noise. Apple has already blown billions on their platform. But again they both have a lot of cash to take those losses.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The government will never allow Warner Bros & Universal to merge and they know that as well.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I doubt Apple takes anything but Pixar. Lucas film is dead, marvel is on the decline, and Disney has been crashing. It would take too much effort to restore them.

If Disney gets sold it’ll be piecemeal’d out.