There should be a darker version of The Truman show

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
First this movie is very underrated / slept on. IMO its a top 2 carrey and is a generally great movie. A-

The idea that someones whole life since birth, can be orchestrated down to the sentance, with a director who is effectively your god, and a body of fear based obstacles to mentally chain you into this reality....is a phenomenal backdrop to a movie. I legitimately think if they made the tone darker...it could've been even better and been a true film classic.

"If im not mistaken...Truman is the first person adopted by a corporation..." :lupe:

Opinions?

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
actor.jpg

He should of slugged this dude in the face :pacspit:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
What happened to Jim Carrey though,mane?I feel like he started losing his mind like Chappelle.Them great comedic minds wired like a timebomb.
You burn out. Comedy ain't easy. But Carey can still turn it on. Most people think dumb and dumber to is horrible but if u just watch it for mindless reasons he still pretty fukkin funny in it.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This movie is a classic. I always heard about it but never actually watched it. Ended up putting it on last week and I was thinking about how society evolved into the Truman Show... just replace the TV show angle with social media and cellphones.

This movie dropped in 1998 and they spoke about targeted ad placements in Truman's life for sale. Now you fast forward to now, and ever since Web 2.0 that's what's dominated the world. Data mining and ad revenue from eyes and attention. And things are only going to get deeper with people's lives shifting into the metaverse.

Excellent movie.
:whew:

Last edited:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
This movie is a classic. I always heard about it but never actually watched it. Ended up putting it on last week and I was thinking about how society evolved into the Truman Show... just replace the TV show angle with social media and cellphones.

This movie dropped in 1998 and they spoke about targeted ad placements in Truman's life for sale. Now you fast forward to now, and ever since Web 2.0 that's what's dominated the world. Data mining and ad revenue from eyes and attention. And things are only going to get deeper with people's lives shifting into the metaverse.

Excellent movie.
Yeah fast forward 6 years, and add a technology piece rather than a cast and crew and it's more effective.

I still think this is a remake begging to be made. And it could be a blumhouse level budget realistically. Hell, wandavision has elements of this in reverse even down to the dome.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
First this movie is very underrated / slept on. IMO its a top 2 carrey and is a generally great movie. A-

The idea that someones whole life since birth, can be orchestrated down to the sentance, with a director who is effectively your god, and a body of fear based obstacles to mentally chain you into this reality....is a phenomenal backdrop to a movie. I legitimately think if they made the tone darker...it could've been even better and been a true film classic.

"If im not mistaken...Truman is the first person adopted by a corporation..." :lupe:

Opinions?

It’s on hbo max just watched for the first time :lupe:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
L

Excellent movie.

:wow:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Like a truman show/stranger than fiction with a twist of horror, I could dig it.

What happened to Jim Carrey though,mane?I feel like he started losing his mind like Chappelle.Them great comedic minds wired like a timebomb.

Jim is a very spiritual person, way too self aware to be in the hollywood mix like that. You can't sit him down for an interview and keep him from pointing out how bullshyt everything is.