The Year 2000 and Sega's Last Christmas

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Same at the time I didn't understand why it went out of business, I felt that it was doing well. I think the Sega Saturn's failure ultimately caused Sega to pull the plug.
I had a Saturn and Sega dropped some great games before they ended the system. I still have Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers and Shining Force. Wish the Saturn still worked.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I had a Saturn and Sega dropped some great games before they ended the system. I still have Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers and Shining Force. Wish the Saturn still worked.
I bought another Saturn two months ago, I got it for £80.00(Assuming $95.00 or $100.00) Panzar Dragoon Saga is hella rare and expensive, I need to get burning rangers I don't want a burnt copy.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Same. I’m always tempted to sell Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force because they go for so much now (:whew:). But can’t bring myself to do it.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The industry dikkrides Sony and killed originality, IMO. I also heard that over 70% of 3rd party companies that existed in 2000, are no longer in existence due to ballooning budgets in gaming development. That what happens when people choose a quick buck over originality from the Dreamcast :smh:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The industry dikkrides Sony and killed originality, IMO. I also heard that over 70% of 3rd party companies that existed in 2000, are no longer in existence due to ballooning budgets in gaming development. That what happens when people choose a quick buck over originality from the Dreamcast :smh:
Sega failing was ALL Sega’s fault. Let’s not get it twisted. They were in-fighting since the mid 90s. Sega of Japan was making dumb decisions and Sega of America was trying to clean it up. Sega of America actually had a deal set up with Sony after Nintendo screwed Sony over. But Sega of Japan turned around and reneged on the deal. To add insult to injury. They put out 2 consoles in one year with the 32x and Sega Saturn. Tacked the 3D Chip onto the Saturn last minute to compete with Sony because for some dumb reason they opted for a high end 2d console vs a 3d one. The Saturn suffered for these reasons because it had 2 CPU’s and the console was too difficult to develop for so multiplat games ran better on Sony and Sony ended up taking the market share. The Sega Dreamcast was amazing and it was their LAST CHANCE because they spread themselves too thin. Console was creative and had great games and a successful launch as well. Until people found an exploit where u can just burn games and play them on the console with NO MODDING required. So people were just going to blockbuster. Burning the games and taking them back rather then buy them. Or just flat out buying the bootleg version of the games. So Sega was losing money left n right. Sony came out with the PS2 and that shyt had a DVD player built in and it was curtains for Dreamcast. Dreamcast still one of my fav consoles of all time tho.