The Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha has a 180 % screen to body ratio w it’s wrap around screen

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

dims

dims

Inside the device, you'll find a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset, 12GB of RAM and 512GB of storage. It already has 5G radio bands for all three major carriers in China and comes with a 4,050mAh battery with 40W fast charging capability. While Mi Mix Alpha may seem like a concept or a prototype at most, Xiaomi says it's already in "small-scale production" and that it's launching in December, though it's unclear if it'll be available outside China at the same time.

You may want to ready your wallet if you're interested, because it has a rather hefty 19,999 yuan (or about $2,810) price tag, making it even more expensive than the Samsung Galaxy Fold. Aside from the components themselves, its pricing likely came from its complex assembly method. It requires the manufacturer to place each layer on top of the other one by one, starting with its internal assembly, then its laminating display, its touch panel and a tough protection layer.

Engadget is now a part of Oath

Can’t lie, looks fire :whoo:

$2k price tag tho :picard:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Seems like everyone’s grasping at straws to make the next super innovative smartphone. There’s only so much you can do at this point lol

While it looks cool in concept, the idea of frequently flipping your phone over in one hand with a model that probably can’t use traditional case seems kind of :patrice: especially for a $2k phone

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
phones gotta start projecting holograms and shyt in order to do something new.

at this point, we know it's going to be better processors, memory, and batt life. That's not gonna be enough anymore. Gotta bring something new to the table. I know a lot of these companies can't wait for Samsung's pen inside the phone patent to expire. :laff:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
man I think my note 4 with an extended battery was close to a week, shyt was glorious
I never tried one of those battery packs that Floss always pimps... the Lemon something. Supposed to last for a long time. I got a Samsung 10,000 mah battery pack which I keep in my car anyway in case I need to charge it while I'm in the park or getting a oil change.