The wire: why every season matter

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Alot of folks were complaining about having to watch the scenes
S2 underrated af

It is, since it shows you an integral part in how the streets was getting flooded with product and why certain cats (Prop Joe'n'em) stayed how they was while others were out fighting for turf and ripping each other off. Yes, it introduced some white folk that weren't the street cats and the police folk that people were warming up to, but at the time this shyt came out, you had too many narrow track minded folk who just wanted to see Stringer Bell and street nikka shyt and would mentally tune out when the police work and politicking started happening, so I never really took the gripes most people had with this season to heart knowing how they got down with this series.

Daps
Reppin
Chi

It is, since it shows you an integral part in how the streets was getting flooded with product and why certain cats (Prop Joe'n'em) stayed how they was while others were out fighting for turf and ripping each other off. Yes, it introduced some white folk that weren't the street cats and the police folk that people were warming up to, but at the time this shyt came out, you had too many narrow track minded folk who just wanted to see Stringer Bell and street nikka shyt and would mentally tune out when the police work and politicking started happening, so I never really took the gripes most people had with this season to heart knowing how they got down with this series.

when S2 dropped I didn’t enjoy it bc it was such a drastic turn fromS1. But once I rewatched the series S2 became my fav season.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

To take it deeper it tied in how government was fukking over "the working class" by selling out the dock workers by taking handouts from big money developers. That in turn leads to them trying to make extra money by selling themselves out to drug dealers to smuggle in illegal shyt. Basically showing that one group is no better than the other and that it all comes down to money. And when desperation kicks in people are willing to bend their morals. I thought it was a way of showing that anybody can become a criminal when fukked over by the government.

I won't lie when I first watched Season 2 I damn near gave up on the series. I hit my cousin up who watched asking if the show just falls off or gets any better and he said that season 2 sucks but it's important to understanding season 3. Now when I go back and watch season 2 I love it. I still have it as the 4th best season but still a great season overall.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I've watch the showed from start to finish 7 times, it wasn't until my 3rd watch that i appreciated how good season 2 was

It was quite a shift from season 1 so I didn’t like it as much at first either.

I have it as one of the weaker seasons, but that’s only because of how strong 1, 3, and 4 are. Season 2 is still really good TV as well.

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
I've watch the showed from start to finish 7 times, it wasn't until my 3rd watch that i appreciated how good season 2 was

I watched the show 5 times and I've skipped season 2 each rewatching. I guess I'll give s2 a shot next time. I'm sure my 17 year old self missed a lot.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I agree with S2 not being up to par.

But.

Upon multiple viewings u realize how good it really is. And more to the point, u realize how quickly the 2nd season returned back to the street level stuff.

* watched it from front 2 back over 10X.