[The Verge] Fortnite’s cash cow is PlayStation, not iOS, court documents reveal

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This explains a lot, also explains why Sony invested twice into Epic.

Screen_Shot_2021_04_28_at_10.35.29_AM.0.png

Court documents reveal that PlayStation 4 generated 46.8 percent of Fortnite’s total revenues from March 2018 through July 2020, while Xbox One, the second-highest platform, generated 27.5 percent. iOS ranked fifth, with just 7 percent of total revenue. The remaining 18.7 percent would have been split between Android, Nintendo Switch, and PCs.

In 2020, iOS revenues were projected to be an even smaller piece of the pie: just 5.8 percent, compared to 24 percent for Xbox One and “almost 40 percent” for PlayStation 4, according to a new deposition (PDF) of Epic Games’ David Nikdel, a senior programmer who works on the backend services for Fortnite.

iOS was always the lowest or second lowest if Android was listed, correct?” lawyers asked Joe Babcock, Epic’s CFO until March 2020, in a separate deposition. The answer was yes.

Babcock explicitly confirmed that the iOS version of Fortnite earned less revenue, month to month, than:

• PlayStation 4
  • Xbox (presumably Xbox One)
  • Nintendo Switch
  • PCs
Fortnite’s cash cow is PlayStation, not iOS, court documents reveal

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
What happens when the wave wears off? :lupe:

Fortnite 2:wow:

But on the real, I revisit the game a day ago and holy hell I was not expecting the game to be that lit:picard:.

Like it really hits different compared to the earlier days. The game feels like its for everybody from sweats, casuals, and creative brehs.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What happens when the wave wears off? :lupe:

Have you played fortnite?

They literally have 20+ events going on at all times with tournaments, leveling system, complete overhauls during season. My son is a fres 7 years old and is a got damn master at the game. All those fukking kids at elementary school play it and their parents get them those nice juicy vbucks when they get good grades.

I be laughing my ass off when my son wins a solo free for all vs grown ass men lol.