The Untouchables (1987)

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
How come nobody talks about this movie?

One of De Palma’s best films. I’d say it’s in his top 3 best directed films (Carrie, The Untouchables and Blow Out)

I remember seeing this movie randomly on Fox back when I was like 7 or some shyt way back in the early 90’s. Remember in the 90’s when Fox would air movies like this on Saturdays snd Sundays? These were the days before me and my family had cable. Good times

Anyway, I’m watching this again for the time again in months and I’m really amazed at how well this film has held up and yet no one hardly mentions it anymore.

All star cast too; Costner, Deniro, and Connery

De Palma is one of the forgotten 🐐 Outstanding director who had an amazing run in the late 60’s, 70’s, 80’s to mid 90’s.

Last edited:

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
“He’s in the car”

It was talked about more back then. It was successful at the box office, Sean Connery won an Oscar, and Kevin Costner was becoming a star.

The train station scene is an homage to Battleship Potemkin

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
“He’s in the car”

It was talked about more back then. It was successful at the box office, Sean Connery won an Oscar, and Kevin Costner was becoming a star.

The train station scene is an homage to Battleship Potemkin

Yeah

I remember De Palma talking about this in his documentary “De Palma”

Ennio Morricone did his thing when it came to the score/soundtrack

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I always liked how Ma$e rapped over the "The Strength Of The Righteous" beat :banderas: