The Unhoused Take An L In Oregon

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
And they deserve it, they were shutting down entire streets in Portland tryna make tent cities
There's a reason mad people just move over to Beaverton and Hillsboro, the actual city of Portland fell off a cliff post-covid and letting the junkies and mentally ill hide behind other homeless people failed big time

You clearly didn't even read the article, this decision doesn't have anything to do with Portland. Grants Pass is literally on the exact opposite end of the state.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
they've become vastly outnumbered with violent mentally ill folks just stabbing and attacking people walking past
Manager at a grocery store near my exes house had to go to the ER cuz some nutjob blew fentanyl in his face RANDOMLY, how can you protect yourself from that shyt?
I saw a bus stop and a homeless dude jump off there swinging a razor blade from a shoelace, what about those regular people/kids on that bus that were in danger? Crazy cac almost ran in front of my car and I was deadass gonna run him tf over, he ended up getting the car behind me to stop and I saw him tryna attack them in my rearview
Random homeless dude tried to break into the first spot I stayed at there and got completely packed out by me and my roomate at the time
There are WAY too many violent ones mixed into that bunch and people are just ignoring it
Didn't we just see a random breh get stabbed in the throat and killed in NYC by a random nutjob?
Completely ignore the violent ones terrorizing the city for years and watch what happens to that city breh, not all of these people are harmless
Bro are you not reading :mindblown: in multiple posts I said the harmless ones are not the issue, multiple times I said they all aren't one big group

All your posts are about violence but the case had nothing to do with violence.

If the harmless ones aren't the issue, then why are you applauding the OP which is solely about harassing harmless ones? :dahell:

The court case was about Grants Pass, the most right-wing big city in Oregon, ticketing people solely for camping in a tent. It has NOTHING to do with violent homeless people, and it won't do anything to impact violent/crazy homeless people. It's just an additional way to harass people who haven't done anything more than just live in a tent.

No one is going around ignoring violent acts but then ticketing people for being in a tent. So the people doing violence are already getting charged for that in Grants Pass. If charging them for violence doesn't work, then why would charging them for being in a tent solve anything?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Republicans were in denial of the existence of mental illness and love cutting any social supports, so they shut down the asylums.

The democrats rebranded that by playing up the cruelty of the staff in those buildings and phrasing it as advocating for self determination for people with disabilities.

The issue wasn't the asylum, the issue was the staffing of the buildings and lack of regulation.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Bro are you not reading :mindblown: in multiple posts I said the harmless ones are not the issue, multiple times I said they all aren't one big group

This is the main issue right here, y'all not even fully reading before responding and you're asking me questions I already answered like you're making a good point.

I don't think the fine itself is gonna do much but it's showing that the state is realizing they need to do something, which is a step in the right direction

I quite literally said asylums need to come back, what's good with you nikkas and not reading?
Bruh is how they deflect and shift the topic. He read it but chooses to ignore it. So he can build his strawman. Harmless one's are a small part of the homeless population and they deserve all the help. They can be back in their feet in no time with that help. Putting junkies in houses is just going to turn the house into a methlab which has to get torn down.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I got called niigger at least two times in Portland by dusty mentally ill caçs out there.

And a few weeks ago out here in Santa Monica the same thing happened on Wilshire Boulevard and the dusty ass dude followed me across the street.

I still have compassion for the ones that are trying, but the mentally ill that are dangerous. They have to get the fukk out of here. They are literally terrorizing the city and attacking random individuals. fukk all of that. I pay way too much money to be around that 24/7 :pacspit: :scusthov:

All personal beef aside, please be safe breh.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
...it's just that most of these homeless people are mentally ill, if not before them ending up on the streets then definitely after being homeless for a while. that's really the issue people don't care about. they think it's just people dealing with average problems but your mentality changes when your homeless without shelter.

first, you're DEFINITELY not getting enough proper sleep unless you substance abuse to deal with it, so that's altering your attitude while at the same time your body is wearing down due to the conditions.

it's poor conditions that make a person's state of mind poor...