The Unhoused Take An L In Oregon

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
And they deserve it, they were shutting down entire streets in Portland tryna make tent cities, stealing shyt off people's patios and yards all day to build it up

You cant do that for years and think nothing's gonna happen :camby: the city surrounded by forests and rivers with clean water, take your camping gear out there

At some point the country is gonna have to open asylums back up, I'm not really tripping on genuine homeless people tryna survive, but they've become vastly outnumbered with violent mentally ill folks just stabbing and attacking people walking past

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
And they deserve it, they were shutting down entire streets in Portland tryna make tent cities, stealing shyt off people's patios and yards all day to build it up

You cant do that for years and think nothing's gonna happen :camby: the city surrounded by forests and rivers with clean water, take your camping gear out there

At some point the country is gonna have to open asylums back up, I'm not really tripping on genuine homeless people tryna survive, but they've become vastly outnumbered with violent mentally ill folks just stabbing and attacking people walking past
Chill breh

:picard:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

so where do you put these people?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Chill breh

Why? It's a reality for a lot of people who have to live around that and get terrorized by these people

Manager at a grocery store near my exes house had to go to the ER cuz some nutjob blew fentanyl in his face RANDOMLY, how can you protect yourself from that shyt?

I saw a bus stop and a homeless dude jump off there swinging a razor blade from a shoelace, what about those regular people/kids on that bus that were in danger? Crazy cac almost ran in front of my car and I was deadass gonna run him tf over, he ended up getting the car behind me to stop and I saw him tryna attack them in my rearview

Random homeless dude tried to break into the first spot I stayed at there and got completely packed out by me and my roomate at the time, mind your our cars were in the driveway and the lights were on, dude still broke the window and tried to jump through KNOWING people were inside

shyt was just OD over there because they went too far left making it legal for these people to be strung out anywhere they feel like, imagine you had kids or an elderly mother walking around, you'd be stressed

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Chill breh

No. Because of republicans (thanks Reagan) decades ago gutting mental health services, people that would of been in mental hospitals have been left on the streets to their own devices. A lot of these people do not need to be in public until they get proper treatment and in some instances, never.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
so where do you put these people?
You didn't read my post

I'm saying we definitely need asylums back for the violent mentally ill junkies, I'm fine with working on programs and housing with sensible homeless people, but the ones tryna set up 5-6 tents in the MIDDLE of residential streets need to be moved towards the outskirts, you have to draw the line somewhere, Oregon tried being nice and letting everything go unchecked for years, the reason they've started backpedaling is they're seeing the same stuff im talking about

There are WAY too many violent ones mixed into that bunch and people are just ignoring it, that's crazy to me and tells me they never had experiences with it first hand

Didn't we just see a random breh get stabbed in the throat and killed in NYC by a random nutjob?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
criminalizing homeless instead of getting them housing or help lol
Completely ignore the violent ones terrorizing the city for years and watch what happens to that city breh, not all of these people are harmless homeless man why are y'all not understanding this? Does someone in your family need to be hurt by one of them for it set in?

There's a reason mad people just move over to Beaverton and Hillsboro, the actual city of Portland fell off a cliff post-covid and letting the junkies and mentally ill hide behind other homeless people failed big time

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
Completely ignore the violent ones terrorizing the city for years and watch what happens to that city breh, not all of these people are harmless homeless man why are y'all not understanding this? Does someone in your family need to be hurt by one of them for it set in?

There's a reason mad people just move over to Beaverton and Hillsboro, the actual city of Portland fell off a cliff post-covid and letting the junkies and mentally ill hide behind other homeless people failed big time

I got called niigger at least two times in Portland by dusty mentally ill caçs out there.

And a few weeks ago out here in Santa Monica the same thing happened on Wilshire Boulevard and the dusty ass dude followed me across the street.

I still have compassion for the ones that are trying, but the mentally ill that are dangerous. They have to get the fukk out of here. They are literally terrorizing the city and attacking random individuals. fukk all of that. I pay way too much money to be around that 24/7 :pacspit: :scusthov:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

So what about the harmless ones? Or do you think every single one of them are terrible people. And I am not sure why you think fining them would fix any of these issues, I would expect it to get even worse than what it is. Seems like a very short sighted move.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I got called niigger at least two times in Portland by dusty mentally ill caçs out there.

And a few weeks ago out here in Santa Monica the same thing happened on Wilshire Boulevard and the dusty ass dude followed me across the street.

I still have compassion for the ones that are trying, but the mentally ill that are dangerous. They have to get the fukk out of here. They are literally terrorizing the city and attacking random individuals. fukk all of that. I pay way too much money to be around that 24/7 :pacspit: :scusthov:
Fam half the crazies in the northwest got SHIPPED up there from California :dead: tricked them nikkas into getting on a one-way bus trip and left they asses for another state to deal with

shyt is disgusting

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
So what about the harmless ones? Or do you think every single one of them are terrible people. And I am not sure why you think fining them would fix any of these issues, I would expect it to get even worse than what it is. Seems like a very short sighted move.
Bro are you not reading :mindblown: in multiple posts I said the harmless ones are not the issue, multiple times I said they all aren't one big group

This is the main issue right here, y'all not even fully reading before responding and you're asking me questions I already answered like you're making a good point.

I don't think the fine itself is gonna do much but it's showing that the state is realizing they need to do something, which is a step in the right direction

I quite literally said asylums need to come back, what's good with you nikkas and not reading?

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Bro are you not reading :mindblown: in multiple posts I said the harmless ones are not the issue, multiple times I said they all aren't one big group

This is the main issue right here, y'all not even fully reading before responding and you're asking me questions I already answered like you're making a good point.

I don't think the fine itself is gonna do much but it's showing that the state is realizing they need to do something, which is a step in the right direction

I quite literally said asylums need to come back, what's good with you nikkas and not reading?
I am not going through all your posts in this thread, I read what you tell me directly. My post was about homeless getting housing and helping and you decided to respond to that with nonsense about the violent ones.

Housing and helping literally helps you lol, fining them does not. The bolded is very naïve thinking and putting too much faith in people that haven't cared at all, this will not help at all.