The top 30 shows in viewership in the Black community

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Top is the most popular, bottom is the least popular

Nielsen-Ratings-CBS.png

Source: CBS Dramas ‘The Equalizer,’ ‘East New York’ and ‘FBI’ Lead This Fall’s Nielsen Ratings Among African American Viewers

Last edited:

Canada Goose

Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
How did NONE of the Power spinoffs make the list :dahell:

No house of dragons, a show popular with Black ppl and a spinoff of the most popular show in the history of TV, also not on the list? :dahell:

TBH I thought Law and Order SVU would be the most popular show with black folk for Network TV, but there's a bunch of shows ahead of it :dwillhuh:

Nice to see The Neighborhood make the list, show stars Cedric and Pam from Martin :myman:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
How did NONE of the Power spinoffs make the list :dahell:

No house of dragons, a show popular with Black ppl and a spinoff of the most popular show in the history of TV, also not on the list? :dahell:
Every single show on that list is network TV.

The shows you named are paid/premium TV, where live/linear viewing isn't the preferred way to watch those kinds of shows anymore. Most people stream, which isn't captured in traditional neilson ratings.

Canada Goose

Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Every single show on that list is network TV.

The shows you named are paid/premium TV, where live/linear viewing isn't the preferred way to watch those kinds of shows anymore. Most people stream, which isn't captured in traditional neilson ratings.
I wonder how many ppl view cable shows on free streaming sites, like 95 percent of my scripted AND Sports viewership is on free streaming sites :mjlol:

I have an Netflix, Hulu and Peacock account, and the Hulu I get for free though Spotify.

Imagine how bootlegged GoT must have been when it was on TV :mindblown:

The cable show Walking Dead beat primetime NFL games on network TV in ratings before so I thought at least some cable shows would have a chance of making the top 30.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Bet AGAINST Queen Latifah, brehs.

Canada Goose

Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Black community or women? 🤔
I don't think Black Men watch the bob meets show but SVU is popular with Black Men, that's why I was surprised it was not higher.

I'm a Black Man and watched a lot of those CBS shows on the list in the early to mid 2010s, only stopped because they drop like 24 episodes per season and it became tedious to keep up with so many shows. They was entertaining though.