The Tombstone and Pedigree are basic moves now

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Same thing was said about the superkick and Stunner 10 years ago and the DDT 20/25 years ago

same shyt, different moves
I still remember feeling a way during the Monday night wars when DDT became a transition move.

i still think AEW missing some money by having Jake taking a Babyface under his wing and giving them the DDT.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Gunther restoring the feeling making basic moves finish off his opponent. :mjgrin:
That's been my issue for a minute. I remembering some years Del Rio hitting a dude (either Ziggler or Sheamus) with a top rope reverse suplex and I'm like "That's it". Opponent kicked out easily at two, but that trash ass arm bar put them away.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I still remember feeling a way during the Monday night wars when DDT became a transition move.

i still think AEW missing some money by having Jake taking a Babyface under his wing and giving them the DDT.
The last time I remember the DDT being a legit finisher was when Tommy Dreamer, Raven and Arn Anderson were using it. After them I suddenly realized the DDT wasn’t special anymore when wrestlers were using crazy variations of it like the Impaler DDT, Spinning DDT, Hammerlock DDT, Draping Apron DDT and etc…

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I forgot who it was but somebody did the pedigree mid match and just moved on :mjlol:

Out of all the moves to get nerfed I would think the pedigree would never be on that list.

DDT status.

I don’t remember seeing anyone using the tombstone.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I forgot who it was but somebody did the pedigree mid match and just moved on :mjlol:

Out of all the moves to get nerfed I would think the pedigree would never be on that list.

DDT status.

I don’t remember seeing anyone using the tombstone.
I wonder if the Tombstone is an American thing because ever since I started watching New Japan years ago I would regularly see Okada use the Tombstone as a regular move

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
the kids inherit from their parents and are less effective with those tools as a result because they didn't have to hone them :yeshrug:
Cody and Seth got the Pedigree
Owens got the Stunner
everybody and they mama got the superkick (makes sense. Shawn did get around)
everyone with naps got the spinebuster. Everyone without them is culturally appropriating.
Jey got the pop-lock slap. And the hand-spit. And the Samoan drop. And the Spear. And... :ohhh:
Jey got the 5 moves of doom :gladbron:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
1f5