The SEC will not participate in the NCAA football game any longer

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Southeastern Conference has joined the NCAA in announcing it will no longer license its trademarks in the EA Sports NCAA football video game.

The move comes a month after the NCAA said it would not license its trademarks, either. That ruling, however, allowed each individual institution and conference to license its trademarks with EA Sports for future college football games.

"Each school makes its own individual decision regarding whether or not to license their trademarks for use in the EA Sports game(s)," the SEC said in a statement. "The Southeastern Conference has chosen not to do so moving forward.

"Neither the SEC, its member universities, nor the NCAA have ever licensed the right to use the name or likeness of any student to EA Sports."

The Collegiate Licensing Company recently announced it completed licensing agreements for approximately 150 of the institutions it represents, including some SEC institutions.

The NCAA's statement last month included similar language about current student athletes, but cited legal costs as the reason for not renewing its contract with EA Sports.

"We are confident in our legal position regarding the use of our trademarks in video games," the NCAA said. "But given the current business climate and costs of litigation, we determined participating in this game is not in the best interests of the NCAA.

The NCAA is currently embattled in a lawsuit with current and former student athletes, led by former UCLA basketball star Ed O'Bannon, over the alleged use of their likenesses in EA Sports video games without compensation.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...rks-ea-ncaa-football-game&ex_cid=sportscenter

:sad:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I highly suggest you all cop NCAA 14 like I'm going to this week; the pice will stay at MSRP or go HIGHER as time progresses.

I fully expect this game to get Roster udpates for the next 5-6 years

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Damn pretty soon all conferences will follow suit and we will be left with nothing like no NCAA basketball games

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
damn thats crazy, Is the madden demo any good?

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
R.I.P. to the GOAT football video game franchise. Sad day.
Breh I go back to BILL WALSH COLLEGE FOOTBALL, NCAA 15 if it even gets made is going to be so bad its not even funny.

I expect this to be the first domino of the Big ten, SEC, ACC, PAC12, and Big 12 breaking itself completely from the NCAA

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There's been talk about that for years. Francesa (if you are familiar with WFAN) has discussed a BIG 64 type situation that to me seems inevitable... Football is the only thing making money in college athletics (including most basketball programs) and if they can get a bigger piece of that pie and escape the NCAA's bullshyt they are going to do it..

The only thing standing in the way of college football players being paid is women's rights but maybe if they can break away from the NCAA and secure their own deal they can pay off the coeds. There's so much fukking money in college football I laugh when people try to paint it as a secondary sport.. to me it is only behind the NFL.