The Sean “Puffy” Combs Appreciation Thread

Daps
For all the guys in here old enough...remember when everybody thought Puff would fall off?

Big passed
Mase left
LOX wanted out

You remember when it was cool to hate Puffy?

After “Been Around The World Remix” died down and Ruff Ryders/No Limit/Roc A Fella became en Vogue everybody was hatin on Shiny Suits

Yet here we are...over 20 years Biggie died and Puffy is the top earner in hip hop.

Don’t care if he’s gay
Don’t care if he’s sheisty

At the end of the day there were/are plenty of other white gay/sheisty industry big wigs who probably wasn’t trying to see a young nikka get his slice of the pie that big. Puff did it anyway...proved everybody wrong

Give it up for mothafukkin Sean..

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
For all the guys in here old enough...remember when everybody thought Puff would fall off?

Big passed
Mase left
LOX wanted out

You remember when it was cool to hate Puffy?

After “Been Around The World Remix” died down and Ruff Ryders/No Limit/Roc A Fella became en Vogue everybody was hatin on Shiny Suits

Yet here we are...over 20 years Biggie died and Puffy is the top earner in hip hop.

Don’t care if he’s gay
Don’t care if he’s sheisty

At the end of the day there were/are plenty of other white gay/sheisty industry big wigs who probably wasn’t trying to see a young nikka get his slice of the pie that big. Puff did it anyway...proved everybody wrong

Give it up for mothafukkin Sean..
Pause

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Diddy is the reason I got into Underground Hiphop. Biggie just died, that's when the radio first went into TROLL mode with playing the same gotdamn songs at the same time. I remembered how rare it was when you flip station and WPGC and KISS would play the same song but now that shyt was becoming regular. Shiny suits were popping up every where and I thought the lyrics were flossy and wack and the beats were lazy. Add my discontent with mainstream and the discovery of the Hiphop thru phone modems in the Internet in the mid to late 90s. I could access all the content I used to see in VIBE and the Source thru the NET, shyt like Stretch and Bobbitto and Hot 97 mixes. My mind was FUKKIN Blown, then I got hip to Hieroglyphics as one of the first rap groups to take advantage of the Net and then RAWKUS with Mos Def, talib, SIr menelik, Company Flow, Shabam Sadeeq, Last Emperor

:salute: Thank you DIddy for your shytty brand of pop forcing teenage me to use the Internet for dat real hiphop. a skill that is 20+ years old and still serves me well.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
giphy.gif

only reason I posted this gif is because the elbow in Suge's face cracks me up :mjlol: