The rise & fall of the Driver franchise

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Hard as fukking driver's license test...

:camby::camby::camby:

The amount of people I know who never played Driver 1 because of that shyt still has me rolling.:mjlol:

full
"fukk THIS GAME! HOW THE fukk DO YOU 'SLALOM' A CAR?!?!?!?! WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!"

:mjcry: Still a Stan of that series off the first two games. shyt, I might boot it up just to pass that driving test and rekindle the feel.:wow:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Loved the first one.

Hooked up a GameShark and got moon physics. I was looking for the biggest hill in San Francisco and flying off into the sunset with that shyt.

Cops cars come flying in after me :lolbron:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Literally could of been where GTA at right now if they just let you get out of the car...

By the time they did it was way too late...

I'd have to disagree because GTA 3 pretty much came in and showed you what an open world could be like and give you an inkling of what kind of mischief they'd allow you to get up to as they grew bolder with their ideas and cater to what most players wanted from an open world game.

I mean a game called "Driver" should have focused solely on the driving Mechanics and cater to that niche as opposed to trying to be what GTA is but Driver 2 and Driv3r dropped the ball (more 3 than 2 since 2's main reason for letting you get out of the car was to swap) with their piss poor controlling of the character outside of the car, it actually hurt the brand.... badly.

I ain't played 3 in a minute(decade and change) but from what I can recall them fools forced you into some pretty horrendous gameplay once you stepped from behind the wheel....shyt was terrible.

Paralell lines was nice enough and Drives
Driver San Fran from what I played kd the demo (Still ain't opened my copy yet) seemed to be getting back to having tight and responsive driving controls coupled with some fun cop chasing.

Still don't know how that goofy ghost teleporting shyt works in the grand scheme of things, but if the driving is tight, that's all these cats really need.